Clemson to face Georgia and CSU at home
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers conclude their 10-game homestand with midweek games against Georgia (Tuesday) and Charleston Southern (Wednesday).
• Who - Georgia (18-15) & Charleston Southern (12-17 entering Tuesday’s game at Savannah State) vs. Clemson (16-15)
• Rankings - UGA - NR; CSU - NR; CU - NR
• When - Tuesday (6:30 p.m.), Wednesday (4 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ESPN3 (Tuesday), TigerCast (Wednesday)
• TV Announcers - Marty Clary, Roy Philpott
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Tuesday), WCCP (105.5 FM) (Wednesday)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Tuesday) - Military Appreciation Day - Join us as we support our troops.
• Promotion (Wednesday) - BOGO Wednesday - Purchase one adult-seat ticket and receive an additional reserved-seat ticket free of charge.
SERIES HISTORY (GEORGIA)
• Overall Record - Georgia leads 120-104-2 (1900-2014)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 55-49-2 (1901-2014)
SERIES HISTORY (CHARLESTON SOUTHERN)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 17-0 (1976-13)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 14-0 (1976-13)
• Tuesday - RHP David Sosebee (UGA) vs. RHP Jake Long (CU)
• Wednesday - LHP Alex Ministeri (CSU) vs. RHP Clate Schmidt (CU)
• Clemson won two of three games at home against North Carolina over the weekend. The three games were decided by a combined five runs.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.8 runs per game and hitting .277 with a .362 on-base percentage and 38 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.74 ERA, .252 opponents’ batting average and 2.64 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .964.
• Georgia is led by second-year Head Coach Scott Stricklin.
• The Bulldogs were swept at home against Vanderbilt over the weekend. They are hitting .277 and have a 4.39 ERA and .969 fielding percentage.
• Stephen Wrenn is hitting .321 with four homers, 17 RBIs, 28 runs, a .411 on-base percentage and 17 stolen bases.
CHARLESTON SOUTHERN OVERVIEW
• Charleston Southern is led by seventh-year Head Coach Stuart Lake.
• The Buccaneers, who face Savannah State on Tuesday, were swept by Liberty and are hitting .279 with a 5.52 ERA and .971 fielding percentage.
• Brandon Burris is batting .330 with 13 RBIs, 19 runs and eight steals, while Ryan Maksim is hitting .326.
• Clemson registered its first series win over North Carolina since 2005 when it won two of three games at home last weekend.
• Trevor Kieboom, who was 4-for-12 in the Vanderbilt series last weekend, redshirted as a righthander and infielder on the 2012 Clemson team.
• Adam Ward, who lettered as a catcher at Clemson from 2007-09, is an assistant coach on the Charleston Southern staff.
VETZEL VEXING OUT OF THE BULLPEN
• Sophomore righthander Taylor Vetzel has come on of late to be one of the Tigers’ top pitchers out of the bullpen.
• In 13.0 innings pitched over 11 relief appearances, he is 1-0 with a save, 2.08 ERA, .170 opponents’ batting average and 12 strikeouts.
• He is holding opponents to a .130 batting average with runners on base and .125 batting average with runners in scoring position.
• In 12.0 innings pitched over his 10 relief appearances, he is 1-0 with one save, an 0.75 ERA and a .143 opponents’ batting average.
• In 7.0 innings pitched over six relief apperances in ACC regular-season games, he has allowed just two hits and no earned runs.
• He pitched 2.0 hitless and scoreless innings in relief to record his first save as a Tiger against North Carolina on April 3.