Clemson to Host Auburn Sunday
Clemson (5-3) vs. Auburn (3-4)
Date: Sunday, Dec. 14
Tipoff: 4 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
Web: ESPN3 (Don Munson-pbp; Bob Mihalic-color)
• Clemson earned its best win of the season, a 68-65 triumph over Arkansas in overtime last Sunday. It was Clemson’s second win in history over a top-25 team non-conference team at home.
• The ACC Tigers play their second game of the season against an SEC Tigers team, having already defeated LSU on Nov. 24.
• This is Auburn’s first game at Littlejohn Coliseum since the 1992 NIT, when Clemson won 84-72.
• Sunday’s game will be general admission seating, with all gates opening at 2:45 p.m. Reserved parking will be honored.
• The game has been designated as Public Service Appreciation Day, where all first responders receive free admission and $10 tickets for family members.
• Sunday is also part of the elementary school package, where children from the area can show the passes that were distributed at their schools for free admission.
CU Series W-L record:
Auburn leads 15-11
Streak: Auburn won the most recent meeting
• This is the return meeting against Auburn in a home-and-home series; the SEC Tigers won last season on the Plains, 66-64. Rod HallRod Hall
#12 6-1, 205
View Full Profile and Jordan RoperJordan Roper
#20 6-0, 165
View Full Profile combined for 28 points in the loss.
• Clemson’s win over Arkansas was the fourth over a top-25 team in Brad Brownell’s tenure as the school’s head coach.
• This is the first meeting between the two head coaches, Brownell and Pearl. The two were on opposite sidelines in the Division-II ranks in 1993 and 1994, when Pearl was head coach at Southern Indiana and Brownell an assistant coach at Indianapolis.
• Clemson is the only team in the ACC with two wins over teams rated in the top 30 of the unofficial RPI (LSU-18, Arkansas-29).
• Hall posted a season-high 19 points in the win over the Razorbacks, including 12 in the final 8:07 of game time.
• Jaron BlossomgameJaron Blossomgame
RS So. Forward
#5 6-7, 215
View Full Profile is coming off a career-high 17 points and leads the Tigers in scoring and rebounding in the early part of the schedule.