Clemson takes on #2 Virginia on Tuesday
Clemson (9-6, 1-2 ACC) vs. Virginia (15-0, 3-0 ACC)
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 13
Tipoff: 8 p.m. ET
Arena: John Paul Jones Arena (14,593)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACC Network (Steve Martin-pbp; Eddie Fogler-color)
• Clemson is coming off its first ACC win of the season, 71-62 at Pittsburgh. The victory was only the 28th against the Panthers in Petersen Events Center since it opened in 2002.
• The win at Pitt was Brad Brownell’s 250th as a head coach.
• In the victory over the Panthers, the Tigers owned a +17 rebound margin. It was the largest rebound advantage over a Pittsburgh team since Georgetown recorded the same figure in 1999.
CU Series W-L record:
Virginia leads 69-53
Streak: Virginia has won the last two meetings
• Clemson has a chance Tuesday to match its highest-ranked road victory. In 1976, Bill Foster’s first season, Clemson knocked off No. 2 Maryland, 82-77.
• The Tigers have defeated seven ranked UVa teams over the years, including 2011-12 when Brad Brownell’s team beat the Cavs 60-48 at home.
• Clemson owns one win in five tries at John Paul Jones Arena, but it was by an 82-51 score in the facility’s first season, 2007-08.
• Since Brownell became Clemson’s head coach in 2010, the Tigers and Cavaliers have ranked no worse than third in the ACC in scoring defense four straight seasons.
• The Tigers matched a season high with eight three-pointers at Pitt; Clemson’s .444 percentage was its highest of the season in 15 games.
• Clemson’s bench outscored Pitt 23-7 in the most recent game, including a career-high seven by Josh Smith and career-high tying eight from Sidy Djitte.
• Jaron Blossomgame has scored double figures in 12 consecutive games.