Clemson faces Furman at Fluor Field
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers face Furman at Fluor Field in Greenville on Tuesday night in their last midweek game of the season.
• Who - Clemson (27-25) at Furman (23-28)
• Rankings - CU - NR; FUR - NR
• When - Tuesday (7 p.m.)
• Where - Greenville, S.C. (Fluor Field)
• Watch - SoCon Digital Network
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 145-57-4 (1896-2015)
• Record at Furman - Clemson leads 58-28-2 (1896-2014)
• Clemson won two of three home games against Georgia Southern over the weekend and has won three of its last four games.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.2 runs per game and hitting .284 with a .373 on-base percentage and 54 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.96 ERA, .255 opponents’ batting average and 2.59 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .961.
• Furman is led by 22nd-year head coach Ron Smith.
• The Paladins lost two of three games at Wofford last weekend. They are hitting .292 and have a 5.75 ERA and .963 fielding percentage.
• Jordan Simpson is hitting .351 with 14 homers and 43 RBIs, while Chris Ohmstede is batting .300 with 12 homers and 50 RBIs.
• Clemson defeated Furman 5-4 at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on March 31. Chase PinderChase Pinder
#5 5-10, 175
View Full ProfileChase Pinder
# 6-0, 165
View Full Profile was hit-by-pitch for the walkoff run.
• Clemson is 13-4 in games decided by 6+ runs.
• Clemson’s opponent has committed no errors in seven of the last 10 games.
TIGERS AT FLUOR FIELD
• Clemson has a 16-6 all-time record at Fluor Field.
• The Tigers have outscored the opposition 166-81 at Fluor Field, an average score of 7.5-3.7.
• The only teams to defeat Clemson at Fluor Field are South Carolina (2010,11,14,15), Presbyterian College (2011) and Michigan State (2015).
• Clemson is 8-0 against Furman at Fluor Field.
JOLLY CATCHING HIS OPPORTUNITY
• Freshman catcher Robert JollyRobert Jolly
#12 5-9, 195
Myrtle Beach, SC
View Full Profile is 9-for-23 (.391) with three doubles, six RBIs, eight runs and a .462 on-base percentage in 16 games.
• He has made all three of his starts in May as the DH. He got his opportunity to start with Chase Pinder’s season-ending injury in May.
• He joins Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 5-11, 195
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile as the only catchers on the 2015 roster.
• He is 4-for-10 (.400) as a pinch-hitter.
• He went 2-for-3 with a double, three RBIs, two runs and a walk against Georgia Southern on May 8. It was his second career start.