Clemson basketball to host Winthrop on Monday
Roper had 13 points and 3 rebounds in 19 minutes of action against FAMU.
Clemson (1-0) vs. Winthrop (1-0)
Date: Monday, Nov. 14
Tipoff: 7:04 p.m.
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Dan Bonner-color)
• Clemson and Winthrop renew its in-state series for the first time since 2011-12. The Tigers have won nine of 10 meetings against the Eagles.
• The Tigers opened the 2014-15 season with an 86-41 victory over Florida A&M, Clemson’s largest margin of victory in an opener since 2007-08.
CU Series W-L record:
Clemson leads 9-1
Streak: Clemson has won the last three meetings
• Clemson held FAMU without a three-point goal, a first since Dec. 13, 2009.
• The Tigers moved to 29-2 all-time under head coach Brad Brownell when allowing 50 points or less to their opponent.
• Five players posted double figures in the opener, led by Landry NnokoLandry Nnoko
#35 6-10, 255
View Full Profile who scored a career-high 15 points.
• Jordan RoperJordan Roper
#20 6-0, 165
View Full Profile surpassed the 500-point mark in his career Friday, posting 13 points off the bench to lead the Tiger reserves.
• Donte GranthamDonte Grantham
#15 6-8, 205
View Full Profile posted 12 points in the opener, most by a Tiger freshman in his first game under Brownell.
• Rod HallRod Hall
#12 6-1, 205
View Full Profile matched his career-high for assists with 10 in the opener. His previous career-high was also against Florida A&M, in 2012-13. Hall plays his 100th game in a Clemson uniform Monday vs. Winthrop.
• One of Brownell’s former assistants at UNC Wilmington and Wright State, Marty McGillan, coaches at Winthrop. McGillan’s son, Riley, is a walk-on for the Tigers this season.