Clemson Hosts Delaware State on Wednesday
CLEMSON vs. DELAWARE ST.
(1-0, 0-0 ACC) (1-1, 0-0 MEAC)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Web: ESPN3 (Don Munson-pbp; Ralph Patterson-color)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
• Clemson won its season opener over Stetson, 71-51. It was the 29th straight win to open the season for the Tiger program.
• Wednesday’s meeting is the fourth in history between the two schools, with Clemson holding a 3-0 edge in the series.
• This is Delaware State’s second straight game versus an ACC foe. The Hornets lost at Georgia Tech on Monday by a score of 68-50 at McCamish Pavilion.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 3-0
Streak: Clemson has won all three games in the series
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile set career highs in both points (20) and field goals (8) in the season opening win over Stetson. He also tied for Clemson’s high in rebounds with seven.
• Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile scored double figures for only the fifth time in 63 career games as a Tiger in the Nov. 8 opener vs. Stetson. Clemson is 4-1 when Hall scores double figures.
• Clemson made 10-of-23 from three-point range in the opener; Tiger teams are 5-2 under Brad Brownell when they make at least 10 threes in a game.
• The Tigers held Stetson to just 15 first half points on Nov. 8; it tied for the fewest allowed in a half in 97 games under Brownell.
• Clemson is 28-1 all-time versus teams from the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference. The Tigers take on another MEAC foe, SC State, on Dec. 3.
• Delaware State Associate Head Coach Keith Walker was a letterman at Clemson from 1978-81.
• Senior citizens (62 and older) are eligible for a buy one, get one free ticket offer. Redeem at the Littlejohn Coliseum box office, which opens one hour prior to tipoff.