Clemson Basketball preview vs. Wake Forest
CLEMSON (13-8, 6-3 ACC) vs. WAKE FOREST (10-11, 1-8 ACC)
Date: Tuesday, February 2
Tipoff: 8 p.m. ET
Arena: Lawrence Joel Coliseum (14,665)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACC Network (Steve Martin-pbp; Bobby Cremins-color)
• Clemson looks to bounce back after suffering a 76-65 loss at Florida State, which led to a split of the season series with the Seminoles.
• Tuesday’s meeting will be the only this season with Wake Forest, and it will be Clemson’s first game at Joel Coliseum since Feb. 25, 2014.
• The Tigers wrapped up the first half of ACC play with a 6-3 conference record. The 66.7 percent winning mark tied for third-best in school history over the first half of ACC games.
CU Series W-L record: Wake Forest leads 99-58
Streak: Clemson won the most recent meeting
• Clemson finished the month of January with a 6-2 record, the program’s best mark since the 1996-97 team also went 6-2.
• The Tigers need just nine three-point goals to match their season total of 171 from last season. Clemson is currently shooting 36 percent from behind the arc, the best figure in Brad Brownell’s six seasons.
• Jaron Blossomgame has produced four straight games against ACC foes with at least 20 points. He is the first Tiger to achieve the feat since Terrell McIntyre in 1998-99, and the first Clemson player to do it against any opponent since Will Solomon did it in six straight in 2000-01.
• Blossomgame and former teammate Milton Jennings are the only players in Clemson history with at least 900 points, 500 rebounds, 50 three-pointers, 50 blocks and 50 steals in a career.
• Jordan Roper has been Clemson’s No. 2 scorer in ACC games, averaging 11.2 points per game. The senior is shooting 46 percent from three and leads all ACC players with 2.2 steals per game in league play.