Clemson Basketball preview vs. Syracuse
CLEMSON (8-6, 1-1 ACC) vs. SYRACUSE (10-5, 0-2 ACC)
Date: Tuesday, January 5
Tipoff: 8 p.m. ET
Arena: Carrier Dome (35,446)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Philip Sikes-color)
TV: ACC Network (Wes Durham-pbp; Dan Bonner-color)
• Clemson notched its first ACC win of the season on January 2 with an 84-75 triumph over Florida State; it broke the Seminoles’ three-game winning streak as the road team in the series.
• The Tigers’ 84 points were the most in an ACC win since Clemson scored 87 against Georgia Tech on Jan. 8, 2011.
• Syracuse is looking for its first ACC win of the season, after dropping road contests to ranked foes in Pittsburgh and Miami.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 3-1
Streak: Clemson won the most recent meeting
• Clemson faces interim head coach Mike Hopkins, while Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim serves the final game of his nine-game suspension Tuesday.
• The Tigers knocked off Boeheim’s Orange last season in Littlejohn Coliseum, 66-53. Donte Grantham posted 16 points in the win.
• This is Clemson’s second trip to Syracuse. The Tigers played in the Carrier Dome in 2013-14, falling by a score of 57-44.
• Jordan Roper set a career-high with seven made three-point goals Saturday in the win over Florida State. His mark tied Andre Young (2012 vs. Georgia Tech) for the most threes by a Clemson player under Brad Brownell.
• Sidy Djitte set a career high with 14 points against Florida State, including an 8-10 clip at the free throw line. Djitte, a 48 percent career free throw shooter entering last week, made 15-18 in the Tigers’ first two ACC games.