Clemson Basketball preview vs. Duke
CLEMSON (10-6, 3-1 ACC) vs. No. 6 DUKE (14-2, 3-0 ACC)
Date: Wednesday, January 13
Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
Arena: Bon Secours Wellness Arena (14,987)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN2 (Bob Wischusen-pbp; LaPhonso Ellis-color)
• Clemson welcomes the defending NCAA Tournament champion Duke Blue Devils to Bon Secours Wellness Arena on Wednesday; it is the first time the Tiger program has played the defending champ at home since Jan. 23, 2010. That night, the Tigers took down 12th-ranked North Carolina by a score of 83-64 in Littlejohn Coliseum.
• The Tigers have won three straight ACC games, including Sunday when Clemson knocked off No. 16 Louisville, 66-62.
CU Series W-L record: Duke leads 106-30
Streak: Duke has won the last two meetings
• The win over Louisville gave the Clemson program a win over a school coached by a member of the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame for a third straight season. The Tigers previously beat Mike Krzyzewski’s Duke in 2014 and Jim Boeheim’s Syracuse team in 2015.
• Clemson is in search of a second straight win over a top-25 team, a feat that has not been achieved by the program since March 1 and 4, 1989. That season, the Tigers beat No. 9 Duke and No. 25 Georgia Tech in back to back games to conclude the ACC regular season.
• The Tigers made 32 free throws in the win over Louisville, most by a Brad Brownell coached team in 179 games.
• Avry Holmes has scored double figures in eight of Clemson’s last 10 games. He is averaging 11.9 points per game over that stretch. Holmes has made at least one three-pointer in every game but one this season.