Clemson Basketball preview vs. Alabama
CLEMSON (7-2) vs. ALABAMA (5-4)
Tipoff: 4 p.m. ET
Arena: Legacy Arena (17,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPNU (Doug Bell-pbp; Brooke Weisbrod-color)
• Clemson finished off a five-game homestand with its fifth straight win in a 93-65 victory against SC State on Tuesday.
• The Tigers lost a heartbreaker to the Crimson Tide in Greenville last season, 51-50. A Clemson turnover inside the final 30 seconds proved to be the difference, as Alabama turned a one-point deficit into a lead with a dunk, its only field goal in the final 8:46 of the contest.
• Clemson already owns a win over an SEC program this season, having defeated Georgia in the opener, 74-64.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 5-4
Streak: Alabama won the most recent meeting in 2015-16
• Clemson is atop the ACC statistics in turnover margin with a +6.4 figure. The Tigers are second among all league teams with 8.2 steals per game and third with 13.8 offensive rebounds per game.
• Jaron Blossomgame is coming off a season-high 29 points against SC State, a mark that moved him into the top 20 in Clemson history in career scoring.
• Avry Holmes joined Blossomgame and fellow senior Riley McGillan as a Clemson University graduate this week. Holmes earned a bachelor's degree at the Thursday commencement ceremony.
• Shelton Mitchell has averaged 13 points and four assists per game since starting his first game against Coppin State. Mitchell has five three-point goals in just five appearances, after tallying just seven in 31 games at Vanderbilt.
• Elijah Thomas is set to make his Clemson debut Sunday. The former Texas A&M post player appeared in eight games in 2015-16 for the Aggies before transferring at the mid-year point. Thomas was rated a top-50 prospect in the class of