Clemson Basketball Preview vs. VT
CLEMSON (14-12, 4-10) vs. VIRGINIA TECH (18-8, 7-7)
Date: Tuesday, Feb. 21
Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
Arena: Cassell Coliseum (10,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPNU (Rich Hollenberg-pbp; Dino Gaudio-color)
• Clemson finishes its ACC regular season road schedule Tuesday, looking for its first win at Virginia Tech since 2013-14.
• The Tigers have won six times previously in Blacksburg, four since the Hokies joined the ACC in 2004-05.
• Clemson is 38th in the latest KenPom ratings, eight spots higher than its opponent Tuesday, Virginia Tech. The Tigers have faced the nation's No. 4 strength of schedule, according to KenPom. Only Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Kansas have faced more difficult schedules.
CU Series W-L record: Virginia Tech leads 17-15
Streak: Virginia Tech has won the last two meetings
• Virginia Tech is the 18th consecutive opponent the Tigers have played that is rated among the top 100 in the latest RPI. The Hokies are No. 35 overall.
• Clemson has committed 10 turnovers or less in four consecutive ACC games. The record by a Brad Brownell coached team was five in 2015-16.
• Elijah Thomas is averaging 11.7 points and 7.3 rebounds per game over Clemson's last three contests; he is 14-20 from the floor over that time.
• Shelton Mitchell has scored double figures in six of the last seven games, averaging 12.1 points per game during that stretch. Mitchell had 10 assists in the first meeting with Virginia Tech.
• Jaron Blossomgame needs eight rebounds to pass former Clemson great Larry Nance for eighth in the record books for career rebounds (785) as a Tiger. Blossomgame ranks among Clemson's top 10 in points, rebounds, starts and free throws in a career.
• Marcquise Reed has averaged 13 points per game over the last five contests, and is coming off a 15-point performance at Miami.