Clemson Baseball preview vs. Georgia Tech
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers play their final three games before final exams when they host Georgia Tech this weekend at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
• Who - Georgia Tech (25-12, 8-9 ACC) vs. Clemson (25-12, 8-10 ACC)
• Rankings - GAT - NR; CU - No. 23 USA
• When - Friday (6:30 p.m.), Saturday (6:30 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Friday, Sunday) - Family Four Pack - Purchase four tickets and a $10 concession voucher for only $30.
• Promotion (Friday) - Beach Bash - We’re bringing the beach to Doug Kingsmore Stadium just in time for summer.
• Promotion (Saturday) - Trading Card Set Giveaway - The first 500 fans receive a pack of player trading cards.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 108-106-3 (1902-2015)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 47-24-1 (1904-2013)
• Clemson defeated Georgia 12-0 at home on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.8 runs per game and hitting .279 with a .389 on-base percentage and 34 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.92 ERA, .254 opponents’ batting average and 2.33 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .959.
GEORGIA TECH OVERVIEW
• Georgia Tech is led by 23rd-year head coach Danny Hall.
• The Yellow Jackets fell to Mercer and beat Georgia State this week. They are hitting .308 and have a 4.31 ERA and .967 fielding percentage.
• Connor Justus is hitting .373, while Matt Gonzalez is batting .365 with five homers. Kel Johnson has added eight homers and 35 RBIs.
• Clemson is 19-2 when it outhits the opponent and 4-9 when it gets outhit.
• Seth Beer has 14 multiple-RBI games, seven more than the next closest Tiger.
• Georgia Tech leads the nation with 57 doubles plays turned on defense.
• Clemson has a 10-0 record in non-conference midweek games, a big reason the Tigers have 25 victories in 2016.
• It marks the first time since 1988 that the Tigers have started the season with a 10-0 record in midweek contests.
• Clemson is 5-0 in midweek home games and has the same record in midweek road games.
• Clemson is 7-0 on Tuesdays and 3-0 on Wednesdays. The Tigers have four non-conference midweek games left on the regular-season schedule.