Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Wofford
|Monday, February 27, 2017 7:00 PM-|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers continue their homestand with a Tuesday midweek game against Wofford at 4 p.m.
• Who - Wofford (2-5) vs. Clemson (5-2)
• Rankings - WOF - NR; CU - No. 15 BA, No. 22 CB, No. 12 USA
• When - Tuesday (4 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Two on Tuesday - Fans can buy one regular-price ticket and get one of equal value for free.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 79-24-1 (1898-2016)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 42-8 (1900-2016)
• RHP Matt Ellmyer (WOF) vs. RHP Tyler Jackson (CU)
• Clemson swept Elon in a three-game series at Doug Kingsmore Stadium last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.7 runs per game and hitting .288 with a .402 on-base percentage and five steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.09 ERA, .252 opponents’ batting average and 6.69 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .974.
• Wofford is led by 10th-year head coach Todd Interdonato.
• The Terriers won one of three home games last weekend. They are hitting .231 and have a 7.50 ERA and .976 fielding percentage.
• Reed Massey is hitting .407 with four RBIs and five steals, while Kody Ruedisili has totaled five steals.
• Clemson is 5-0 when outhitting its opponents and 0-2 when being outhit in 2017.
• Clemson pitchers combined for 42 strikeouts against only three walks in 31.0 innings pitched in the Elon series last weekend.
• Despite starting just four games, Robert Jolly leads the team in runs (8).
PINDER LEADING IT OFF AGAIN
• Junior Chase Pinder is back in the leadoff spot in 2017 after playing in that role during the entire 2016 season.
• The outfielder is hitting .423 with two doubles, six RBIs and a .483 on-base percentage in six games.
• He started the season 1-for-8 while battling illness, but in the last four games, he is hitting .556 with two doubles and six RBIs.
• In his career, he is hitting .288 with 18 doubles, three triples, 14 homers, 78 RBIs, 91 runs and a .397 on-base percentage in 116 games.