Clemson Baseball Preview vs. WCU
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers play their first midweek game of the season when they face Western Carolina at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Wednesday afternoon.
• Who - Western Carolina (2-1) vs. Clemson (1-2)
• Rankings - WCU - NR; CU - No. 15 BA, No. 22 CB, No. 12 USA
• When - Wednesday (4 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - BOGO Wednesday - Purchase one regular-price ticket and get one of equal value for free.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 63-16 (1974-16)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 44-5 (1974-16)
• LHP Tristan Baker (WCU) vs. RHP Tyler Jackson (CU)
• Wright State defeated Clemson twice in three games at Doug Kingsmore Stadium last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 4.0 runs per game and hitting .240 with a .373 on-base percentage and two steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.33 ERA, .260 opponents’ batting average and 4.38 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .962.
WESTERN CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• Western Carolina is led by 10th-year head coach Bobby Moranda.
• The Catamounts won two of three games at Conway, S.C., last weekend. They are hitting .311 and have a 7.96 ERA and .948 fielding percentage.
• Caleb Robinson is hitting .545, Bryson Bowman is batting .500 and Matthew Koehler is hitting .429 in three games.
• The Tigers won all four meetings with Western Carolina in 2016, including twice in the Clemson Regional.
• Clemson and Western Carolina have played at least one game at Doug Kingsmore Stadium every year from 1986 to 2016.
• Clemson pitchers had at least 11 strikeouts in all three games against Wright State last weekend.
• Clemson is averaging 5,094 fans per home date (3), one of the highest figures in the nation and ACC.
• Entering 2017, Clemson had a top-20 national figure in average attendance 23 straight seasons and a top-10 figure 15 years in a row.
• Clemson is No. 15 by Baseball America and No. 22 by Collegiate Baseball along with a No. 12 ranking in the USA Today coaches preseason poll.
• The Tigers have been ranked in the top 25 by at least one poll for nine straight weeks dating to 2016.
BEER'S STREAK CONTINUES
• Sophomore Seth Beer reached base via a hit or walk in each of his last 60 games that he had a plate appearance in 2016.
• That streak is up to 63, as he has reached base via a hit in each of the three games in 2016.
• Beer is hitting .429 with one double, two homers, four RBIs, four runs, six walks and a .714 on-base percentage in three games.
• In his career, he is hitting .371 with 14 doubles, 20 homers, 74 RBIs, 61 runs and a .544 on-base percentage in 65 games (65 starts).