Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Notre Dame
The Tigers conclude the regular season with a three-game series at Notre Dame from Thursday to Saturday.
• Who - Clemson (35-18, 13-14 ACC) vs. Notre Dame (27-24, 11-14 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - No. 23 BA, No. 18 USA; UND - NR
• When - Thursday (6:05 p.m.), Friday (6:05 p.m.), Saturday (1:05 p.m.)
• Where - Notre Dame, Ind. (Frank Eck Stadium)
• Watch - WatchND (Thursday, Friday), ESPN3 (Saturday)
• TV Announcers - Sean Stires, Nik Valdisarri
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Notre Dame leads 5-2 (1994-15)
• Record at Notre Dame - Notre Dame leads 2-1 (2014)
•Clemson edged Charleston Southern 3-2 on Tuesday night after beating Georgia Southern twice in three games on the road last weekend.
•The Tigers are averaging 6.9 runs per game and hitting .275 with a .386 on-base percentage and 50 steals.
•The pitching staff has a 4.41 ERA, .265 opponents’ batting average and 2.13 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .961.
NOTRE DAME OVERVIEW
• Notre Dame is led by sixth-year head coach Mik Aoki.
• The Fighting Irish won one of three at North Carolina last weekend. They are hitting .263 and have a 4.22 ERA and .978 fielding percentage.
• Cavan Biggio is hitting .315 with four homers, 28 RBIs and 14 steals, while Zak Kutsulis is batting .313 with 11 steals.
• If Clemson plays all three games at Notre Dame, it will mark the 15th straight year the Tigers play a full 56-game, regular-season schedule.
• Clemson has the third-best overall winning percentage (66.0) in the ACC, trailing only Louisville and Miami (Fla.).
• Clemson's 22-4 record in non-conference games was its best mark since 2011, when it also had a 22-4 record in non-conference games.
WILLIAMS ADDING POWER
• Sophomore infielder and catcher Chris Williams has seen action at first base, third base and catcher, and has added a power dimension.
• He is batting .238 with five homers, four doubles, one triple, 27 RBIs, 23 runs and two steals in 46 games (41 starts).
• He has started 36 games at first base and five games at third base.
• He hit two three-run homers in the Georgia Southern series from May 13-15 and has hit three home runs in the last eight games.