#18 Clemson travels to #6 Louisville
|Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:33 AM-|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers travel to Louisville for the first time to face the Cardinals in an ACC Atlantic Division showdown.
SERIES SETUP • Who - Clemson (24-9, 8-7 ACC) vs. Louisville (26-7, 10-5 ACC) • Rankings - CU - No. 23 CB, No. 18 USA; LOU - No. 11 BA, No. 6 CB, No. 7 USA • When - Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.) • Where - Louisville, Ky. (Jim Patterson Stadium) • Watch - ESPN3 (Sunday) • TV Announcers - Jody Demling, Andy Treinen • Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network • Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Who - Clemson (24-9, 8-7 ACC) vs. Louisville (26-7, 10-5 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - No. 23 CB, No. 18 USA; LOU - No. 11 BA, No. 6 CB, No. 7 USA
• When - Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Louisville, Ky. (Jim Patterson Stadium)
• Watch - ESPN3 (Sunday)
• TV Announcers - Jody Demling, Andy Treinen
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 8-2 (1970-15)
• Record at Louisville - 0-0
• Friday - RHP Clate Schmidt (CU) vs. LHP Brendan McKay (LOU)
• Saturday - LHP Charlie Barnes (CU) vs. LHP Drew Harrington (LOU)
• Sunday - TBA (CU) vs. RHP Kyle Funkhouser (LOU)
• Clemson rallied for a dramatic 7-6 walkoff win in 10 innings over Western Carolina at Doug Kingsmore Stadium on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.8 runs per game and hitting .282 with a .394 on-base percentage and 28 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.60 ERA, .243 opponents’ batting average and 2.39 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .962.
• Louisville is led by 10th-year head coach Dan McDonnell.
• The Cardinals won midweek games over Western Kentucky and Kentucky. They are hitting .328 and have a 2.95 ERA and .978 fielding percentage.
• Devin Hairston is hitting .383, Blake Tiberi is batting .377 and Corey Ray is hitting .315 with nine homers, 39 RBIs and 28 steals.
• This week marks the last of seven straight weeks where Clemson plays at least two games away from home.
• Clemson has a remarkable 7-7 record when trailing entering the seventh inning and 5-8 record when trailing entering the eighth inning.
• Seth Beer and Chris Okey are tied for the team lead in multiple-hit games with 16.
NEVER OUT OF IT
• Clemson has had a knack for coming from behind to win games in 2016.
• Of their 24 wins, the Tigers have trailed at some point in 15 of the 24 games.
• Each of Clemson’s last 10 wins have been come-from-behind wins.
• When leading entering the seventh inning, Clemson is 16-0, while Clemson is 7-7 when trailing entering the seventh inning.
• When leading entering the eighth inning, Clemson is 17-0, while Clemson is 5-8 when trailing entering the eighth inning.
• When leading entering the ninth inning, Clemson is 18-0, while Clemson is 3-8 when trailing entering the ninth inning.
• Those numbers are up from 2015, when Clemson was 1-15, 0-19 and 0-23 when trailing entering the seventh, eighth and ninth, respectively.
• Clemson is 7-4 in one-run games in 2016.
• Clemson has three walkoff hits, victories over Winthrop on March 9, Boston College on March 20 and Western Carolina on April 12.