Quick notes on Dabo Swinney teleconference
|2014-11-09 18:11:50.0- -||
- Swinney said extra day help with the bump and bruises for his team.
- Good win for the team. We did some good things and had some mistakes. 34 points and the explosive plays were good. I was pleased with the rhythm that we had. We improved from the Syracuse game.
- We got Tyshon Dye in. Cole Stoudt was the MVP of the game on offense.
- 1st time in school history to have 100 yard rookie receiving (Artavis Scott) and 100 yard rusher (Wayne Gallman) in the same game.
- Big Play by Stanton Seckinger and big plays by Wayne Gallman. A lot we still have to improve on. We took a step back on our run blocking.
- Defensively, we gave up 119 yards but we thought we left a lot on the table. Alignment, technique we can improve on. We also did not get any turnovers.
- Another big thing was the penalties. That was the frustrating part of the game.
- Poor decision by Adam Humphries to field punt.
- Overall, glad to be at 7-2.
- Injury wise - we are in good shape. I do not anticipate anyone being out. We hope to have Charone Peake and Jay Guillermo back. We will evaluate them on Monday.
- Good win. Big challenge with Georgia Tech. High level, confident team. They are creating some explosive plays. We have to get a plan together and play better. We have lost the turnover margin the last two games. If we do not win the turnover battle or tie, we will lose against Georgia Tech.
- Robert Smith was a good of a play that you will see. Swinney said that he hasn't talked to anyone regards to the ejection for targeting. End of the day, this is a violent contact sport. If we are going to eliminate that play, we need to put flags on and play flag football.
- Swinney said that Smith did what he was coached to do leading with his shoulder.
- We have to live with that call with the subjectivity of it.
- We have a great player that will miss a half of football. We have to live with it. I do not agree with the intent of the call.
- This game is supposed to be full-contact sport.
- Dabo Swinney on Watson playing against Georgia Tech: "Yes he will be back. He will take the first-team reps Monday and be ready to go. He was ready to play Thursday. It was amazing. We felt pretty confident that he would be back for Georgia Tech but I was really blown away that he was ready to play against Wake and could have played."
Swinney also talked about how hard Watson and the doctors have worked on his rehab. - "That is just a credit to how hard he worked. Great job by our doctors and trainers did with the rehab. We really wanted to try to get through the game and not play him. It was able to work out. We never felt like we didn't have control of the game but he was ready to go if we needed him. At one point, it was a possibility that he would go cause we weren't sure if Cole was gonna be able to rebound and get back in there but he was able to gut it out."
- Vic Beasley is fine.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||