Quick notes on Dabo Swinney teleconference
* Swinney said he was proud how the team played to try to overcome some bad mistakes.
* Our guys played very hard and very physical. We almost overcame our mistakes. There were too many. The effort was great but you can not win with that many turnovers and penalties.
* This is not the finish that we obviously wanted.
* Two painful losses this year. We will take a step back and celebrate the success we had. We are building a great program, one season at a time. We have to keep grinding, keep believing and doing things the right things.
* Obviously, our team is really hurting. We are here to develop men. We are batting 1000 because these seniors are going to do great things in the future.
* We will have to regroup and focus on academics and the coaches will go out on the road tonight recruiting.
* We still have a chance to be a top 10 team if we win our bowl game.
* Offensive line probably played their best game, thought Brandon Thomas played very well. Battle played well too. Boyd played well until the fumble.
* Defensively, Vic Beasley was very active. Jarrett might have played his best game of the season. Anthony and Shuey played solid games.
* Glad to see us fight back and almost give us a chance. Too many mistakes on crucial situations. You can not overcome those things.
* Our inability to win the turnover margin is the most crucial factor.
* Injury wise is probably the best we have come out this year. Not many issues at all.
* Congrats SC on playing a very clean game. They made plays in critical moments.
* Excited for the bowl and going out and recruiting.
* We had been a good turnover team and had a complete blowup in that area. I wish I could point to one thing.
* You have to give SC credit, they did not turn the ball over.
* We absolutely want to be in the BCS. We're still one of the best teams in the country. We've been one of the most consistent teams in the country. There's only two undefeated teams in the country. We only have two losses. In our two losses, we've had 10 turnovers. I would have no problem with being in the Chick-fil-A bowl, but we deserve to be in the BCS. We were in the top 10 for 10 weeks this season. Our two losses have been to really good teams. I think we're a team that's exciting to watch.
* On Chad Morris being interviewed: As things arise, you always communicate. If we have guys that have opportunities, we don't really address that during the season. But when the season is over, the biggest thing is communicating and everyone being on the same page. The main thing is no surprises. No one has asked permission to talk with him so far.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||