Quick notes on Dabo Swinney press conference
* This has been a special group of seniors that i have been able to coach. They are going for their 31st win in the last three years. They are leaving quite a legacy.
* Dabo says Citadel has 9 starters back on defense.
* Citadel has won 3 in a row. This is their last game. They are 5-6 but losses have been by less than a touchdowns. I have a great respect for their head coach Higgins. He reminds Swinney of Clemson's Jack LeggettJack Leggett
Baseball Head Coach
View Full Profile. He called him Leggett's "long lost brother."
* We will be playing the triple option for the second week in the row.
* They are very experienced with their LB's and the secondary. They are on top of their conference in most statistics.
* Citadel DB coach Gerald Dixon was recruited by Swinney out of Maryland back in late 90's.
* Most important thing is for us to improve.
* We sold out the SC State game and the Citadel game. It is a great credit to our fans. That to me is very exciting.
* It is also President Barker's last game in the Valley as president and he will be honored.
* “Crazy things happen. Balls ricochet off guys pads and into guys’ hands and they run them into the end zone. That’s college football.”
* Swinney on senior class: "They set the standard, and made it realistic to achieve that standard. Transformed Clemson. Changed the culture at Clemson. Winners."
* Clemson has an interception in 13-straight games which is the longest streak in the nation.
* "You have to be a great team to win consistently..because you have to find different ways to win."
* Sammy has been unbelievable, his career has been well documented. He has a chance to break Aaron Kelly's record in 3 years. Kelly did his record in 4 years.
* Watkins has been the best low maintenance big-time player he has ever been around and has been the team's hardest worker.
* Swinney on Watkins going pro: Who knows? Sammy hasn’t told me he’s leaving. He’s got a huge decision to make because I think he’s the best receiver in the country.
* Swinney on Deshaun Watson: "He's everything you could possibly want in a quarterback. We're really excited to have him be a part of our program.
* Swinney on early signing day: "To me, it doesn't make any sense that we don't have an early signing period."
* More updates to follow.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||