Quick notes on Dabo Swinney press conference
* Swinney said that he is excited to be back at it.
* He wants to congratulate and welcome the new president. I think he is a good fit for us. Excited for us to lead our university.
* Its a great history and tradition with these two teams. Glad to be back in the Valley.
* We need a great energy from our crowd and have no doubt we will get it.
* They have great players and great scheme. The biggest thing is for us to win on the line on scrimmage and our eyes. Tackling is a premium.
* 6 seniors on defensee. #13 on defense. They gave up -5 yards rushing against Pittsburgh who just beat Notre Dame.
* Its a tough matchup. You do not see this every week.
* We need to maximize our opportunities. We have to do a good job on the negative plays.
* Special teams have been a factor in these games. We need to be very sound in what we are doing.
* We are as healthy as we have been all season.
* Good opportunities for this team but it depends on how they finish.
* This game on defense for Clemson is "about doing your job."
* The GT game is not about making plays, it’s about doing your job.
* Clemson has a chance to start and finish in top 10 for first time in school history.
* GT stresses you to play assignment football more than most other teams."
* The triple option is an equalizer. You can eliminate certain intangibles. Beasley ain't gonna get a bunch of sacks against Georgia Tech.
* Dabo was asked if he was ever an "option guy" he responds "never." He says that he’s always been an I-formation guy.
* "This is when it matters. This is Nov. 12. It matters big-time, how we play and how we finish."
* "We are going to be judged on how we finish. That’s what November is all about."
* That's what we want to do: be a consistent team that is nationally relevant. Quest for best is what we play for.
* Dabo on the Thursday night game: "You don’t spend a lot of time worrying about it. They’re not going to reprint [the schedule]."
* Dabo said that the team will have this weekend off, but have been practicing for GT since Saturday.
* Dabo on hazing question: "I got a policy for how everybody treats everybody. Treat them with respect."
* Dabo on GT QB: He's played a lot, he’s experienced. He's a catalyst. It all starts with him.
* Garry Peters and Ronald Geohaghan will be available Thursday.
* C.J. Davidson is only one out for Thursday.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||