Quick notes from Swinney press conference
* Swinney said that Aaron Murray is a "great football player." He knows what he is doing.
* Swinney said that Georgia does a lot of play action. Also, a lot of double moves built into their plan. They have a very veteran group on offense.
* He said not to buy the lie to feel sorry for Georgia on Defense. They are reloading and recruit at a very high level.
* Tyshon Dye is out , Scott Pagano out, Joe Gore is out. Mackensie Alexander is out. TE Sam Cooper will not play.
* Dabo says this is a "big opportunity" for Clemson University and the City of Clemson. Can't wait to see Death Valley Saturday night.
* Swinney said that it would be great to win the game. It would just check off the first goal on our list though. Every opponent is critical this year. It is a long season. Dabo says team can't focus on just the opener...There are at least 12 games to play this season. Just look at Alabama. They have battled back into the National Championship because of their focus.
* Swinney said that what matters to me is how we compete. "We've got bigger games than just the opening game."
* Swinney said that "The loser of this game, maybe drops back a little bit, but they're not out of the race. It's a long way to go.
* Swinney said that "All of this stuff is fun and great, you can draw energy from it, but it can't be a distraction."
* Swinney said that "there will be people rolling in here tomorrow just to smell the campus. It's great."
* Swinney said that he followed Clemson in the 80's because of Danny Ford.
* Swinney said that he loved Gurley and Marshall from recruiting. He thought they were getting both of them. Good kids, Good families.
* Swinney said he "knew" that Clemson was going to get Gurley, but apparently Marshall went to bed and "had a bad dream."
* Mark Richt called him the day that Gurley announced in 2012 and hinted to Swinney that Gurley was going to Georgia.
* Swinney said that "First thing we have to do Saturday is have the boys sleep in..." He said they do not get a lot of sleep this time of the year.
* Swinney said that "Every week presents a new opportunity in this conference."
* Swinney said that Tyshon Dye has had a couple of epidurals, is day to day. Mackensie Alexander ...Dabo hopes he will be ready to go SC State game.
* Swinney said that there is a strong chance Jordan Leggett will be ready to go Saturday night.
* Swinney said that “That’s the key to this game, it’s going to be about the trenches. It’s not anything fancy. It’s not rocket science."
* Swinney said that it is good to see Martin Jenkins back and thinks he will help the team. Bashaud Breeland has had an excellent camp as well.
* Three walk-ons have been put scholarship for this season - RB C.J. Davidson, S Taylor Watson, and LS Michael Sobeski
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||