Quick notes from Dabo Swinney press conference
* On BC: They are playing with a lot of confidence. They had a tough loss at Southern Cal. They had a close game against FSU. They have 9 starters back. They will use play action pass.
* On offense: The QB is smart and manages the game really well. He makes good decisions. The OL is big and physical. They like to play the counter. They have a bunch of TE's and play a lot of sets with 4-5 TE's. They presents a lot of problems.
* Everyone talks about 83. He killed us last year. He should be very confident last year cause he killed us last year.
* Their RB leads the nation in rushing. He has had some 200 yard games. He is as tough as guy as we will face. Big challenge there.
* They have 7 starters back on defense. They have 16 sacks. Their two ends are very active. They always have great LB's. They are again this year.
* They are still 4 man front. A lot more pressure than year's past. They do more unorthodox in the secondary than in the past.
* They will come with great confidence. We will have to play well. We will have to have great preparation. Excited to be back in the Valley.
* We are a totally different team defensively this year than we were this time last year.
* I think this is deepest [defensive line] for sure. No doubt about it. We were really good in 09-10. I think this is the deepest group, most talented, and more experienced group.
* On Grady Jarrett: People actually know some of these guy's names now. Nobody did coming into the season. Eddie George before the season could not name one player on the DL. Grady is a great player. These guys are starting to create an identity. They are a blue collar bunch and they like playing. They play with a lot of pride. He is the heart and soul of the defense. He is relentless in his preparation and strong, physical with low pads. Grady plays with a chip on his shoulder and is a leader of the team.
* On Vic Beasley: He got serious about it this year. He got confident. The best part of my job is seeing young person to grow and mature as a person and figure out life. Vic is perfect example this week being captain. I would not have believed in years ago. Dabo said that you just need to be Vic Beasley. Do what you have and maximize it. He put some weight on and has worked on his craft. He has done a tremendous job. Vic wants to be an every down guy. He is really disruptive in the run game. He is becoming a complete player. He needs to be a 250 LB guy. He will be. He has great length. His speed and change of direction make him special.
* On BCS committee: He does not think you need to be have played or coached to be on selection committee. He points out to the face that Chad Morris never played college football. Congratulates Clemson AD on being part of the committee.
* On FSU: He says that all they watch and talk about this week is Boston College. They see nothing about FSU. "You don't get any mulligans in this sport." If we lose to BC, there will be a new headline on Monday.
* On Clemson safety's: We were having Travis and Robert playing 75 snaps with special teams. They have to do a lot of checks and calls. Our depth are freshman. I like our players there. I am thankful that we got Jayron some time last week. He is athletic enough to make up for some mistakes. We need to make sure we line up correctly and take the proper angles. We are playing very sound at this position.
* On Blanks injury: Travis looked great. He looked good this morning and very encouraged by him.
* On Boulware injury: He is still really sore and is still questionable.
* On Jenkins injury: I expect him to be ready to go. If swelling goes down enough from surgery, he will be ready to go.
* On Carlos Watkins injury: He is out. The biggest thing structure he is fine. He has a massive bruise on both legs. Trying to drain all of the blood out of there so it improves his mobility. He is making a lot of progress.
* 11 different guys have had touchdowns this year and only in 5 games. It is a school record already.
* Spencer Shuey has same toe injury that C.J. Spiller had. He is a little sore on Sunday. He will get better through the year. He is a little limited on Monday. He is ready to go on gametimes.
* Dabo was asked if a player made decision instead of coaches to not play. "Uh, no."
* Dabo on if a player told him he couldn't play before game.."I am usually pretty in tune with the injury report."
* Dabo on Syracuse game "I love how we started, I love how we finished."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||