Quick notes from Dabo Swinney press conference
* Kickoff time for Clemson-NC State game is 7:31 PM.
* Good opportunity for the team. This is a huge challenge with NC State. They have good players and a tough place to win. We know that as well as anyone. We will have to play our best game.
* I thought we will have to make alot of improvements to win this week on the road.
* They really want to run the football. They are really committed to that and the play action. They have a couple of backs that are good. The QB has good pocket presence. There OL is big. They have some good skill guys. They have caught it really well. They have a freshman #1 that playing good and is featured.
* The defense is the best group we have played so far this year. They have a great motor, lot of movement , lot of slants. They create some problems with the movement that they do. They are very good in the secondary. They will mix it up in the secondary. They are playing with a lot of confident. Their kicker is outstanding going 7/7 and not giving up a lot of returns.
* I except NC State to play at a high level.
* We are planning on doing Charone's surgery right before the BC game right before spring break. We will have him back for spring ball but probably no contact in the spring.
* Adam is a special player. We will have to ramp up the development of T.J Green, Mike Williams and Germone Hopper with the injury to Charone Peake.
* Roderick Mcdowell is good to go on the injury standpoint. He has practice everyday and will start.
* Swinney expects Charone Peake will get a medical redshirt after going through the process. He can't imagine that he would not get it.
* Zac Brooks could move to WR in a crisis situation. He has the hands for it though.
* At State two years ago, Dabo says Clemson, "had a plan to lose. We just didn't execute.
* Swinney said that "It is not about rankings. Every game is the biggest game of the year and this mentality is how a team becomes consistent."
* He was very encouraged by defensive line play through 2 games. They are playing fast and physical. There are not many [mental] busts. Depth is also starting to show up.
* On Grady Jarrett: "you get an ounce of him everyday."
* On Adam Humphries: He has great speed, great hands, very smart and instinctive. He has good size and functional strength. Adam is going to play in the NFL. He is a legit 4.4 guy and great lateral quickness. He has a passion and fire for the game. He is very unselfish and great team guy. He has made play after player after play. He likes to do his job. He is a just a great football player. His ability to play multiple spots, we are very fortunate to have him. Adam could be a great DB, safety, or RB. He has been tremendous for us.
* Dabo says he went to watch Peake play hoops at Dorman, but couldn't take his eyes of Adam Humphries. "He ran the show." He was scouting Peake "I couldn't take my eyes off him [Humphries]. I thought we needed to take a closer look at Adam.
* He is not ready to make redshirt decision on Mackenzie Alexander. He has been shut him down for 6 days and do nothing. He is a very driven young man. The plan is to get him through the wake forest game and re-evaluate where he is. We are taking the pressure off of him trying to get back. We feel like he is making a lot of progress. Our trainers are doing a good job with him. The longer he is out, the more likely he is out to redshirt.
* Dabo says that Germone Hopper reminds him of Alabama WR Freddie Milons. The similarities are "scary."
* On Clemson going to BCS Title game if they go undefeated: "Are you kidding me? With teams we play, no doubt about it."
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||