Quick Notes on Swinney teleconference
|2014-10-22 10:40:52.0- -||
Clemson football coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Wednesday during the weekly ACC teleconference.
- Proud of our guys finding a way to win with a tough opponent in B.C.
- Always a special time for Homecoming.
- Syracuse seems to be gaining a lot of confidence. They have had a tough schedule so far. We have to put a good plan together.
- They have had some injuries.
- They have a quarterback that has sparked them.
- We will have to put a good plan together.
- We have alot of injuries ourselves.
- On A.J. Long: Has a gun-slinger mentality. He throws a dart. He has the ability to extend plays. He is a good thrower on the run. He has a coolness and poise that you do not see as a freshman. The more I watched him, the more impressed I was of him.
- On Syracuse's defense: I think they are better than they were last year. They are a dangerous bunch.
- They blitz their safeties. They bring pressure for all angles. They are not a passive bunch. We have to do a great job hatted up. They had two defensive scores against Wake. They have an aggressive mentality from a play-calling standpoint.
- We better have everybody communicating & on the same page.
- Tyshon Dye looked good at practice. He is still trying to get his full sails (endurance). He felted good and was a good day yesterday. He was making good progress.
- We know we got a chance to do some great things if we continue to improve. We just got to grind. Its just the third quarter of the season. The mentality is a one game season. Just look at the big picture of college football - look at Miss State. Anything can happen.
- I think we have rallied and built some momentum.
- On CFB Playoff: The biggest difference is that you have people involved. Everyone is anxiously the first poll just like the past years with the BCS poll. But in college football, things change drastically one week to another. "They will not post anyone's ticket next week." The biggest element is the human element.
- I am focused on what we can control and have the best finish possible.
- On DRod: He has been tremendous. He has been a great leader for us. I can not be more proud of him. He is a great role model and inspiration to thousands because of his perseverance and his will to chase his dream.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||