Tigers Host Wake Forest in Top-20 Clash
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers host No. 17 Wake Forest in a three-game series at Doug Kingsmore Stadium this weekend.
• Who - Wake Forest (28-11, 12-6 ACC) vs. Clemson (31-7, 14-4 ACC)
• Rankings - WFU - No. 17 BA, No. 17 CB, No. 17 USA; CU - No. 5 BA, No. 5 CB, No. 4 USA
• When - Friday (6:30 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Friday) - Baseball Trading Cards - The first 1,000 fans receive player trading cards (part of a set of the entire roster).
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 130-57-1 (1901-2016)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 65-21-1 (1901-2015)
• Friday - RHP Parker Dunshee (WFU) vs. LHP Charlie Barnes (CU)
• Saturday - RHP Donnie Sellers (WFU) vs. RHP Alex Eubanks (CU)
• Sunday - RHP Connor Johnstone (WFU) vs. LHP Pat Krall (CU)
• Clemson defeated Georgia 9-7 on Wednesday at home.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.5 runs per game and hitting .283 with a .390 on-base percentage and 39 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.02 ERA, .242 opponents’ batting average and 4.01 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .968.
WAKE FOREST OVERVIEW
• Wake Forest is led by eighth-year head coach Tom Walter.
• Charlotte defeated the Demon Deacons 6-1 on Tuesday. They are hitting .315 and have a 3.98 ERA and .973 fielding percentage.
• Jonathan Pryor is hitting .384, while Johnny Aiello (13), Gavin Sheets (13) and Stuart Fairchild (11) all have double-digit home runs.
• Tiger leadoff batters have reached base 43.3 percent of the innings in 2017.
• Clemson has only allowed six steals in 11 attempts in its 18 ACC games in 2017.
• Charlie Barnes, Alex Eubanks and Pat Krall have all faced exactly 156 batters in ACC games in 2017.
WINNING SEASONS THE NORM
• The Tigers have had a winning record every year since 1965.
• With its 31-7 record in the 2017 season, Clemson is guaranteed a winning record for the 53rd season in a row.
• Clemson’s 53-year streak is the third-longest active streak in the nation, trailing two ACC schools (Florida State 69, Miami (Fla.) 59).
• Clemson has had a non-losing record, which includes seasons with equal number of wins and losses, every season since 1958.
• Bill Wilhelm took over as head coach of the Clemson program in 1958, therefore the Tigers have not had a losing record since he took over.
• Clemson’s 60-year streak of non-losing records is the second-longest active streak in the nation, trailing only Florida State (69).