Quick practice notes from Friday morning
* Offensive coordinator Chad Morris said that only Tyler Shatley has solidified his spot on the offensive line. They are trying a lot of guys at different positions on the line.
* Eric Mac Lain is working a lot at left guard now instead of tackle. Morris said that Isaiah Battle has been inconsistent but shown flashes of his potential.
* Morris said they need more and expect more out of Brandon Thomas. Morris said he needs to challenging him and "push is button".
* Morris said they would like to redshirt freshman running backs Tyshon Dye and Wayne Gallman but they have been impressive so far.
* Running back D.J. Howard was in a green jersey at practice. Howard injured his ankle in an earlier practice and was in some pain today so he is going to have a MRI done on the ankle today.
* Morris said wide receiver Charone Peake is having a really good camp.
* Martavis Bryant return to practice today and went through some drills. Morris said he knows what Bryant can do with the ball but he needs to work on playing without the ball.
* Tigers will hold its second practice of the day this evening.
* Tigers will have its first scrimmage in Death Valley on Saturday. The scrimmage is closed to the media and fans.
* Morris said the scrimmage will be important in shaking out some of the position battles because it will be game like conditions.
Full recap of the practice coming soon on TigerNet.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||