Quick notes from Saturday's practice
|2013-08-03 20:20:13.0- -||
* Offensive coordinator Chad Morris said that true freshmen wide receiver Mike WilliamsMike Williams
Fr. Wide Receiver
#7 6-5, 205
View Full Profile has really caught everyone's attention. He said he made 2 or 3 plays that would make you think Nuk is out there.
* Morris said that he wants to push tempo of the offense even more this season up to 90 to 92 plays a game.
* Coming off ACL surgery quarterback Chad KellyChad Kelly
RS Fr. Quarterback
#11 6-2, 210
View Full Profile is really pushing the envelope. He's throwing and trying to learn and play as much as possible.
* Tight end Jay Jay McCulloughJay Jay McCullough
RS Fr. Tight End
#89 6-3, 230
Fort Mill, SC
View Full Profile is much improved from the spring. Morris said he has "splashed in the pan" for the first two days of camp.
* Martavis Bryant says he is at boundary position and Sammy Watkins has moved back to the 2. Morris said they are using Watkins all over the field.
* Three players were held out of practice on Saturday. Spencer Region continues to recover from hip surgery. Adam Humphries missed practice with a pulled hamstring. Mackensie Alexander missed practice with a pulled groin. Mike Williams suffered a pulled groin during practice and missed some of the work.
|Send Feedback to David Hood: Email | Comment||