Clemson vs. SC State Notes
* Clemson is now 27-0 all-time against FCS opponents, including a 2-0 record against South Carolina State.
* Clemson returned two interceptions for touchdowns in today’s game. It was the first time in Clemson history that the Tigers returned two interceptions for touchdowns in the same game.
* It was also the first time since 2011 that Clemson had two defensive touchdowns in the same game. That season, Kourtnei BrownKourtnei Brown
#90 6-6, 255
View Full Profile returned both a fumble and an interception for touchdowns against North Carolina.
* Clemson had two players throw for at least 100 yards, as Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS Sr. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile had 169 yards and Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile threw for 143. Last season, Boyd and Stoudt both threw for over 100 yards in a 52-27 win against Ball State.
* Clemson tallied 512 yards of total offense in today’s game. The Tigers are now 65-0-1 when totaling at least 500 yards of total offense.
* The Tigers are now 2-0 for the fourth straight season. It is the first time in Clemson history that a senior class started 2-0 all four years.
* Clemson had 14 different receivers catch a pass in today’s game, including six receivers who made their first career catches.
* Clemson played 82 players in today’s game.
* Cole Stoudt was 19-for-20 (.950) passing for 143 yards and three touchdowns in today’s game. Stoudt’s completion percentage is the highest single-game completion percentage in school history. The previous record was 94.1 percent when Woodrow Dantzler went 16-for-17 in a 38-0 win against the Citadel in 2000. Dantzler was at today’s game as an honorary captain.
* Germone HopperGermone Hopper
RS Fr. Wide Receiver
#5 6-0, 170
View Full Profile scored his first career touchdown on his first career reception, a 17-yard catch, in the third quarter. He later recorded his second career touchdown reception on a 26-yard strike in the fourth quarter. He finished the game with game-high-tying six receptions for 66 yards.
* Tajh Boyd was 14-of-23 passing with 169 yards and carried the ball six times for 10 rushing yards and a touchdown. Boyd did not throw for a touchdown in today’s game, so his school record streak for consecutive games with a touchdown pass ended at 17.
He also caught two passes for 13 receiving yards.
* Martin JenkinsMartin Jenkins
RS Jr. Cornerback
#14 5-10, 180
View Full Profile recorded his first career interception in the first quarter and returned it 52 yards for his first career touchdown.
* Darius RobinsonDarius Robinson
#8 5-10, 175
College Park, GA
View Full Profile recorded his fourth career interception and first of the season, and returned it 35 yards for his first career touchdown.