Clemson postgame notes vs. The Citadel
Daniel Rodriguez scored his first career touchdown on Military Appreciation Day.
* Clemson is now 31-5-1 all-time against The Citadel, including a 13-1 record at Clemson. The Tigers have now won 16 straight games against the Bulldogs.
* Clemson has now won at least 10 games in three straight seasons. That is the longest such streak since the Tigers had four straight 10-win seasons from 1987-1990.
* Clemson is now 28-0 all-time against FCS opponents.
* Clemson is now 16-4 all-time in Military Appreciation Day games.
* The Tigers have now won 18 straight games over unranked teams by double-digit points.
* The 2013 senior class earned their 37th win in today’s game. That is tied for fourth-most wins by a senior class in Clemson history with the 1981 and 1984 senior classes.
* The win also gave the 2013 senior class 24 home wins, tied for the most in Clemson history with the 2012 class.
* Clemson scored at least 50 points for the third straight game and the fifth time this season, both school records.
* Clemson held The Citadel to -4 passing yards in the game. That is the fewest passing yards by an opponent in Clemson history.
* The Tigers also held the Citadel to 172 yards of total offense. That is the fewest yards of total offense against the Tigers since 2009 when Clemson held Coastal Carolina to just 170 yards.
* The Tigers held the Bulldogs to just six points in today’s game. That is the fewest points allowed by Clemson since 2011 when the Tigers defeated Virginia 23-3 in Blacksburg, VA.
* Clemson scored six touchdowns in the game, each by a different player.
* Clemson is now 71-0-1 when totaling at least 500 yards of total offense and 64-0-1 when recording at least 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing.
* Clemson has now recorded 26 takeaways on the season. That is the most since 2009 when the Tigers had 30 takeaways.
* Clemson had 10 tackles for loss in the game and now has 105 for the season.
* Tajh BoydTajh Boyd
RS Sr. Quarterback
#10 6-1, 225
View Full Profile threw five touchdown passes in today’s game to give him 102 for his career. He is the 18th player in NCAA history to reach the century mark and the first player in ACC history to do so.
* Boyd threw five touchdown passes in today’s game for the sixth time in his career. It was also the third time that he accomplished the feat in the first half.
* With the win, Boyd now has 31 wins as a starting quarterback, just one shy of the Clemson record of 32 held by Rodney Williams.
* Sammy WatkinsSammy Watkins
Jr. Wide Receiver
#2 6-1, 205
Fort Myers, FL
View Full Profile passed DeAndre HopkinsDeAndre Hopkins
#6 6-2, 205
View Full Profile to break the school record for career receiving yards with an eight-yard reception on the first play of the game. Watkins finished the game with seven receptions for 58 yards to give him 3,071 receiving yards for his career.
* Watkins is now fourth in ACC history in receptions with 217 and sixth in receiving yards with 3,071.
* Chandler CatanzaroChandler Catanzaro
Gr. Punter / Kicker
#39 6-2, 195
View Full Profile scored nine points in today’s game to give him 395 for his career. He is now second in ACC history in points, trailing only Florida State’s Dustin Hopkins, who had 466 in his career from 2009-12.
* Catanzaro also made his 66th career field goal in today’s game. He is now tied for sixth in ACC history in career field goals.
* Roderick McDowellRoderick McDowell
Gr. Running Back
#25 5-9, 195
View Full Profile rushed for 108 yards on 21 carries in today’s game. He now has three games with at least 100 rushing yards this season.
* Quandon ChristianQuandon Christian
RS Sr. Linebacker
#34 6-2, 225
Lake View, SC
View Full Profile recovered a fumble and returned it 22 yards for the score. It was the fourth touchdown by a defensive player for the Tigers this season, which is the most in a single season since 2006 when Clemson also had four. Christian is the first player since Howard Bartley in 1998 to score his first career touchdown on senior day.
* Purple Heart recipient Daniel RodriguezDaniel Rodriguez
RS So. Wide Receiver
#83 5-8, 175
View Full Profile scored his first career touchdown on Military Appreciation Day. It came on a two-yard pass from Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 205
View Full Profile in the fourth quarter.
* Jay Jay McCulloughJay Jay McCullough
RS Fr. Tight End
#89 6-3, 230
Fort Mill, SC
View Full Profile rushed the ball for the first time in his career and finished the game with six straight carries for 43 yards.