Clemson hosts CSU on Tuesday Night
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers host former Tiger head coach Adam Ward and Charleston Southern on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
• Who - Charleston Southern (6-11) vs. Clemson (15-1)
• Best Rankings - CSU - NR; CU - No. 2 CB
• When - Tuesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers - Bob Mihalic, Ron Smith
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tigers Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Fans can purchase a ticket for only $2.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 19-1 (1976-17)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 16-1 (1976-17)
• LHP Jaret Bennett (CSU) vs. RHP Holt Jones (CU)
• Clemson swept Georgia Tech in a three-game home series by a combined score of 23-7 last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.0 runs per game and hitting .268 with a .395 on-base percentage and 11 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 2.84 ERA, .236 opponents’ batting average and 2.80 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .979.
CHARLESTON SOUTHERN OVERVIEW
• Charleston Southern is led by second-year head coach Adam Ward, who lettered as a catcher at Clemson from 2007-09.
• The Buccaneers were swept at home by Holy Cross last weekend. They are hitting .231 and have a 5.12 ERA and .962 fielding percentage.
• Christian Maggio is hitting .368 and Kyle Vesnesky is batting .333. Righthander Cody Smith has all three of the team's saves as well.
• Clemson's 15-1 start is its best since 2002, when it started 26-1.
• Tiger relievers have combined for a 2.66 ERA and 77 strikeouts in 71.0 innings pitched this season.
• Seth Beer (RF) and Logan Davidson (SS) are the only Tigers to start every game at the same position this year.
• Clemson is in first place in the ACC Atlantic Division standings with a 3-0 league mark.
• Overall in the ACC standings, Clemson is in first place.
HENNESSY LEADING ROTATION
• Sophomore lefthander Jacob Hennessy was a reliever as a freshman in 2017, but has become the Friday starter in 2018.
• He is 1-0 with a 1.96 ERA, .205 opponents' batting average and 23 strikeouts against four walks in 23.0 innings pitched over four starts.
• He is holding opponents to a .148 batting average with two outs.
• In the first three innings of games in 2018, he has allowed four hits, no runs and two walks with 15 strikeouts in 12.0 innings pitched.
• In his career, he is 3-1 with a 3.02 ERA and 60 strikeouts against 15 walks in 53.2 innings pitched over 30 appearances (four starts).