Clemson closes home slate with Austin Peay
The Tigers host the Governors in a three-game series this weekend at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
• Who - Austin Peay (29-20) vs. Clemson (37-12)
• Best Rankings - APS - NR; CU - No. 5 Collegiate Baseball, Perfect Game
• When - Friday (6:30 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Video Announcers - Fred Cunningham (Sunday), Ron Smith, Pete Yanity (Friday, Saturday)
• Listen (Radio) - WCCP (105.5 FM), ESPN Upstate
• Listen (Internet) - ClemsonTigers.com, TuneIn
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Friday) - The first 1,000 fans receive trading cards of Tiger players and coaches.
• Promotion (Saturday) - Young fans can stand on the field during the national anthem and run the bases after the game.
• Promotion (Sunday) - Mother’s Day & Senior Day - Clemson honors its mothers and seniors with a pregame ceremony.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 1-0 (1973)
• Record at Clemson - 0-0
• Friday - LHP Michael Costanzo (APS - 8-1, 4.07 ERA) vs. LHP Jacob Hennessy (CU - 4-2, 3.15)
• Saturday - LHP Jacques Pucheu (APS - 7-1, 4.03) vs. RHP Brooks Crawford (CU - 6-2, 3.86)
• Sunday - RHP Brandon Vial (APS - 2-3, 6.29) vs. LHP Jake Higginbotham (CU - 6-1, 3.41)
• Clemson defeated Western Carolina at home 10-8 on Wednesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.2 runs per game and hitting .255 with a .373 on-base percentage and 41 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.49 ERA, .237 opponents’ batting average and 2.25 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .975.
AUSTIN PEAY OVERVIEW
• Austin Peay is led by third-year head coach Travis Janssen.
• The Governors downed Lipscomb 19-5 at home on Tuesday. They are hitting .282 and have a 6.48 ERA and .963 fielding percentage.
• Garrett Kueber is hitting .375 with 10 steals, Parker Phillips has 17 homers and 56 RBIs and Nick Walker has 10 homers and 39 RBIs.
• The only meeting with the Tigers and Governors took place on March 18, 1973 in Livingston, Ala. Clemson won that game 8-4.
• Clemson has allowed an ACC-low 20 stolen bases.
• Jacob Hennessy, Brooks Crawford and Jake Higginbotham have a combined career record of 28-6.
TIGERS FIELDING AT RECORD RATE
• Clemson has committed only 46 errors in 49 games, good for a .975 fielding percentage.
• The Tiger record for fielding percentage in a season is .973, set in 2012.
• Clemson has been errorless in 22 games and had one error in 15 games, meaning it has committed less than two errors in 37 of the 49 games.
• The Tigers are 30-7 when committing less than two errors and 7-5 when committing two or more errors.
• No Tiger infielder has committed more than six errors.
• Clemson infielders have combined to commit only 22 errors, including only one by first basemen.
• Shortstop Logan Davidson has committed only six errors and has a .972 fielding percentage.