Clemson Basketball Preview vs. TSU
CLEMSON (4-1) vs. TEXAS SOUTHERN (0-5)
Date: Friday, November 22
Tipoff: 3:01 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACCN Extra (Pete Yanity-pbp; Jim Davis-color)
• Clemson will face-off against Texas Southern for just the second time in program history on Friday.
• The Tigers are 1-0 against the other “Tigers” - having played the only game of the series on Nov. 19, 2015. Clemson won 76-56.
• Donte Grantham finished with 11 points and six rebounds in 36 minutes during the lone matchup.
• Clemson boasts four players who average double-figure scoring outputs
• The Tigers are 63-30 in the month of November under the direction of head coach Brad Brownell.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 1-0
Streak: Clemson won the only game of the series during the 2015-16 season, 76-56.
• Clemson is tied for its second-best start dating back to the 2010-11 season (head coach Brad Brownell’s first in Clemson) with a 4-1 mark through five games.
• The Tigers dropped its first game of the season on Nov. 19 in the Charleston Classic title game to Temple, 67-60. Clemson has reached the championship round in all three tournaments it has attended since 2008.
• Donte Grantham leads the team with 17.2 points per game, chipping in 6.4 rebounds per contest while shooting an ultra-impressive 70.2 percent from the field (33-for-47).
• Grantham was named to the Charleston Classic all-tournament team for his efforts over three games (18.3 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 65.6 percent shooting)
• Mark Donnal tied his season-high with nine points off the bench
• Marcquise Reed, after having a career-high of six rebounds, has now outdone that twice in each of the last two games.
• Coach Brownell is just five wins shy of 300 for his career (295).