Clemson Basketball Preview vs. NC State
|Tuesday, February 28, 2017 3:56 PM-|
CLEMSON (14-14, 4-12) vs. NC STATE (15-15, 4-13)
Date: Wednesday, March 1
Tipoff: 8 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTSN / Sirius & XM 81 (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACCN (Dwayne Ballen-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson closes out its regular season with a pair of home games; the Tigers are in search of their first win in the series with NC State since 2014-15, a 68-57 victory in Raleigh.
• According to KenPom.com, only Oklahoma has faced a tougher schedule to this point in the season than Clemson. The Tigers just finished a string of 19 consecutive games against top-100 RPI teams.
• The Tigers rank among the top 20 in all of Division I in fewest fouls per game, fewest turnovers and turnover margin.
CU Series W-L record: NC State leads 101-50
Streak: NC State has won the last two meetings
• Jaron Blossomgame needs three field goals to rank in the top 10 in Clemson history in points, rebounds, field goals, free throws, starts, minutes, 10-point games and 20-point games.
• Blossomgame has scored 20 points or better in eight ACC games this season, tied for fourth among all players in the conference.
• Sidy Djitte needs just six offensive rebounds to reach 100; he will be the first Tiger to achieve the century mark on the offensive glass over the course of a season since Trevor Booker recorded 107 in 2008-09.
• Djitte is coming off his best ACC game of the year, posting 12 points and nine rebounds in 31 minutes off the bench against No. 19 Florida State.
• Shelton Mitchell has scored double figures in eight of the last nine games, and is averaging 12.7 points per game over that stretch.
• Elijah Thomas is shooting a team-best 60 percent on field goals this season. It is the highest accuracy by a first-year Clemson player since Trevor Booker shot 60.2 percent as a freshman in 2006-07.