Clemson Basketball Preview vs. NC A&T
CLEMSON (1-0) vs. NORTH CAROLINA A&T (1-0)
Date: Sunday, November 12
Tipoff: 2:01 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTSN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACCN Extra (Pete Yanity-pbp; Kelly Gramlich-color)
• Today’s game will mark the first-ever meeting between Clemson and North Carolina A&T.
• The Tigers are 34-1 all-time against members of the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC), including a 33-1 mark in Clemson.
• Under the direction of Brad Brownell, the Tigers are a combined 60-28 in the month of November since the beginning of the 2010-11 season, including Friday’s win over Western Carolina.
CU Series W-L record: First Meeting
Streak: First Meeting
• Clemson won its 33rd-straight season opener on Friday (Nov. 10) in a 85-57 rout of Western Carolina. The Tigers moved to 12-0 all-time against the Catamounts.
• The win also marked the 125th career victory for head coach Brad Brownell as the Tigers’ head man.
• Head coach Brad Brownell is just eight wins shy of 300 for his career following the home opener against Western Carolina.
• In the Tigers’ season opening win, they boasted four double-digit scorers – led by senior forward Donte Grantham (14 points, 5 rebounds).
• Clemson pulled away from Western Carolina with the help of a 22-2 run to end the first half. All told, the Tigers engineered a 33-6 run.
• Four finished in double-digits for the Tigers: Grantham (14), Elijah Thomas and Gabe DeVoe (11) and Marcquise Reed (10).
• Shelton Mitchell led the offense with six of the team’s 15 assists, while Thomas and Malik William both tallied two blocks each.