Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Georgia
The Tigers return to the Peach State to take on Georgia on Tuesday night.
• Who - Clemson (24-5) vs. Georgia (13-16)
• Rankings - CU - No. 5 BA, No. 5 CB, No. 4 USA; UGA - NR
• When - Tuesday (7 p.m.)
• Where - Athens, Ga. (Foley Field)
• Watch - SEC Network
• Video Announcers - Carlos Peña, Taylor Zarzour
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record - Georgia leads 122-106-2 (1900-2016)
• Record at Georgia - Georgia leads 69-47 (1900-2016)
• RHP Tyler Jackson (CU) vs. LHP Ryan Avidano (UGA)
• Clemson won two of three games at Georgia Tech last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.3 runs per game and hitting .276 with a .390 on-base percentage and 29 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 2.85 ERA, .239 opponents’ batting average and 4.13 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .969.
• Georgia is led by fourth-year head coach Scott Stricklin.
• The Bulldogs beat Tennessee twice on the road last weekend. They are hitting .268 and have a 4.78 ERA and .955 fielding percentage.
• Keegan McGovern is hitting .337 with a .474 on-base percentage, while Michael Curry is batting .310 with five homers and 30 RBIs.
• Clemson hit three home runs in the second inning at Georgia Tech on Sunday, the first time it did that since 2010.
• The Tigers have scored in the first inning 12 times in 29 games and are 12-0 in those 12 games.
• Clemson is 13-for-35 (.371) with two homers, three doubles and a .629 slugging percentage with the bases loaded.
KRALL STARTING ON WEEKENDS
• Senior lefthander Pat Krall was a first-team All-American as a reliever in 2016, and he adjusted as a starter in 2017.
• He is 5-0 with a 3.29 ERA, .293 opponents' batting average and 33 strikeouts against 10 walks in 41.0 innings pitched over seven starts.
• In ACC games, he is 3-0 with a 2.59 ERA and 19 strikeouts against five walks in 24.1 innings pitched over four starts.
• He pitched 7.1 scoreless innings to earn the win in Clemson's 2-0 victory at Boston College in Kingston, R.I., on March 26.
• In his Tiger career, he is 17-6 with eight saves, a 2.65 ERA and .233 opponents' batting average in 159.2 innings pitched over 63 outings.
• His career 3.58 strikeout-to-walk ratio is eighth in Clemson history.