Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Furman and Winthrop
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers return home to play midweek games against Furman and Winthrop at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
• Who - Furman (11-11) & Winthrop (13-11) vs. Clemson (20-4)
• Rankings - FUR - NR; WIN - NR; CU - No. 5 BA, No. 6 CB, No. 5 USA
• When - Tuesday (6:30 p.m.), Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Tuesday) - Military Appreciation Day - Join us as we honor veterans, active military personnel and our ROTC programs.
• Promotion (Tuesday) - Two on Tuesday - Fans can buy one regular-price ticket and get one of equal value for free.
• Promotion (Wednesday) - BOGO Wednesday - Fans can buy one regular-price ticket and get one of equal value for free.
SERIES HISTORY (FURMAN)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 148-57-4 (1896-2016)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 80-26-1 (1896-2016)
SERIES HISTORY (WINTHROP)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 20-6 (1981-16)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 16-5 (1981-16)
• Tuesday - TBA (FUR) vs. RHP Tyler Jackson (CU)
• Wednesday - TBA (WIN) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson, who has won six games in a row, swept Boston College in three games at Kingston, R.I., last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.0 runs per game and hitting .264 with a .381 on-base percentage and 24 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 2.68 ERA, .232 opponents’ batting average and 4.62 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .968.
• Furman is led by first-year head coach Brett Harker.
• The Paladins won one of three games at Wofford last weekend. They are hitting .291 and have a 4.97 ERA and .962 fielding percentage.
• Brandon Elmy is batting .386 with four homers and 17 RBIs, while Landon Kay is hitting .338 with two homers and 18 RBIs.
• Winthrop is led by seventh-year head coach Tom Riginos, who was an assistant coach at Clemson (2003-10).
• The Eagles have won five in a row, including a sweep of High Point. They are hitting .268 and have a 5.85 ERA and .970 fielding percentage.
• Mitch Spires is hitting .420 with 24 runs, while Hunter Lipscomb is batting .300 with three homers and 26 RBIs.
• Taylor Harbin, an assistant coach at Furman, played three seasons (2005-07) at Clemson.
• Tiger pitchers combined to allow 18 hits, two runs and two walks with 32 strikeouts in 27.0 innings pitched in the Boston College series.
• Seth Beer and Logan Davidson are the only Tigers to play in all 24 games in 2017.
EUBANKS IN COMMAND
• Sophomore righthander Alex Eubanks was a reliever and starter in 2016, but has found a full-time home in the weekend rotation in 2017.
• He is 4-1 with a 2.23 ERA, .209 opponents' batting average and 39 strikeouts against six walks in 40.1 innings pitched over six starts.
• In 36.0 innings pitched over his last five starts, he is 4-0 and has allowed just five runs (1.25 ERA).
• In three ACC starts, he is 3-0 with an 0.78 ERA, .179 opponents' batting average and 22 strikeouts versus two walks in 23.0 innings pitched.
• He pitched 7.0 scoreless innings of four-hit ball with seven strikeouts to earn the win in a 4-0 victory over Notre Dame on March 12.
• He pitched a three-hit shutout with 10 strikeouts against no walks in Clemson's 1-0 win at Boston College in Kingston, R.I., on March 25.
• He earned ACC Pitcher-of-the-Week honors on March 27 for his three-hit shutout at Boston College.
• In his career, he is 10-6 with a 3.48 ERA and 109 strikeouts against 27 walks in 121.2 innings pitched over 29 outings (17 starts).
• His career 4.04 strikeout-to-walk ratio is second in Clemson history.