- Vernon Hamilton needs one steal at Virginia Tech to establish a Clemson single season record. He has 73 so far this year, the same total Chris Whitney had in 1992-93. Hamilton has 191 for his career, three short of Terrell McIntyre's career record (194) set between 1995-99. Hamilton has reached that figure in just his junior year.
- Hamilton and Virginia Tech guards Zabian Dowdell and Jamon Gordon, rank one-two-three in the ACC in steals per game this year.
Each of the three games between Virginia Tech and Clemson since the Hokies joined the ACC last year have been decided by two points or less. All three have been determined by a made or missed shot by Clemson at the buzzer ending the game.
- Wednesday night's game will be played on the oneyear anniversary of Clemson's 66-64 victory on Senior Night, a contest that was won on a buzzer dunk by Tiger senior center Sharrod Ford.
- Clemson has 16 overall wins and five ACC wins, already reaching the total in both areas the Tigers had all of last season. A win over Virginia Tech on Wednesday would give Clemson its high overall victory total since the 1998-99 season (20) and its high ACC victory total since 1997-98 (7).
Clemson is coming off a 26-point victory over Virginia last Saturday afternoon. It was Clemson's largest margin of victory in an ACC game in six years and largest victory margin over Virginia since 1965.
- Clemson forced 29 turnovers in the win over Virginia, the most opponent turnovers against Clemson since March 6, 1969 when North Carolina also had 29 in an ACC Tournament game.
- Clemson shot 52.5 percent from the field in its win over Virginia, just the second ACC game this year Clemson has shot at least 50 percent from the field. Clemson outshot Virginia 52.5 pecent to 43.8, breaking a streak of 15 consecutive games in which Clemson was out-shot from the field.
- Shawan Robinson has scored in double figures in eight of his last nine games and is averaging 16.9 points per game during that time. Robinson continues to lead the ACC in FT % with a .913 figure. He is trying to become the first Clemson player to lead the ACC in free throw shooting since Jim Sutherland in 1966-67. He has 1111 career points.
- Clemson had five players score in double figures in the win over Virginia, the first time Clemson has done that since a November victory over Penn State.
- Clemson has made 31 three-point goals to just 15 by the opposition over the last threegames.
Cliff Hammonds is sixth in the ACC in assist/turnover ratio. He had six assists and no turnovers in the win over Virginia.