July's Most Wanted: Part One
1) Brent Schaeffer: Schaeffer is a tremendously talented quarterback, who does carry some baggage. The staff is either convinced his problems are behind him or convinced he is talented enough to roll the dice on. Tommy Bowden's track record indicates that it would be the first of the two. In the past, Bowden in his staff has taken criticism for backing off a couple of highly touted in-state players because of character concerns, so I see no reason why he would take a chance with the given depth a quarterback. Schaeffer appears to be close to a decision. We have made several contacts in this case, and all signs point to Schaeffer enrolling at Clemson.
2) Clifton Geathers: Geathers is one of the top rated offensive tackles in country. He is also considered by many the top player in South Carolina this year. Geathers has not begun to narrow down his list of schools. At this time, we do feel Clemson will get an official visit from Geathers. Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, and Florida State appear to be in good shape with Geathers as well.
3) Adam Patterson: Patterson is a major target on the board. He is an extremely explosive defensive lineman. A couple weeks ago, a rumor popped up that Patterson was leaning to South Carolina, but Patterson and sources at South Carolina have both denied that report. Clemson and South Carolina currently sit in Patterson's top 10. Patterson is expected to trim his list to five schools by the start of the season. We believe Clemson and South Carolina will make the final five for Patterson.
4) Crezdon Butler: Butler is the top corner on the board for Clemson, now that Byron Maxwell has committed. Butler is a top five player in North Carolina. He has very good coverage skills and consistently runs sub 4.5. Butler is still believed to be favoring Clemson, though NC State is making a strong push, as well as North Carolina.
5) Bani Gbadyu: You have heard of Where's Waldo? Well now you know about Where's Bani? Gbadyu has made several unofficial stops this summer. It appears after each stop, the school believes he is close to committing. Gbadyu loves recruiting. He knows how to play the game, and he has been very effective in playing the game. Clemson does have a good shot here, but LSU currently sits as the team to beat.
6-10 COMING WEDNESDAY!