In response to popular demand (a lady called to order the magazine but
balked at the $36 subscription price) and to celebrate the start of the
third year of the magazine’s existence and the upcoming football season,
we’re cutting the subscription price for Tiger Insider to $19.95.
Tiger Insider started in August 1999, and if you have that magazine around
somewhere you’ll notice that things have improved dramatically over the span
of two years. Now, it’s time for the subscription price to fall in line with
the other improvements.
You can do the math, but here’s the important number: the subscription price
is 33% off the cover price when you subscribe for six issues. It’s a special
offer that will likely end if it doesn’t cause enough people to immediately
reach for their credit cards. However, we think that Tiger Insider is worth
In Tiger Insider, you get in-depth features and high quality photos of
Clemson football action. Just think about that day in early August when you
go to the mailbox and find the latest Tiger Insider waiting for you. The
long, hot summer is at it’s peak and just when things seem the bleakest you
walk to the mailbox and find Woody Dantzler waiting for you. Hopefully, it
sends chill bumps down your arms.
Tiger Insider is there to provide hour after hour of relief from your local
paper that, if it contains any information about Clemson, also contains the
sarcastic comments of a local columnist toward Clemson. He doesn’t
understand or appreciate what it means to watch the band start its march
toward The Hill and then after nine long months finally see those beautiful
Young buses pull around the stadium and park behind The Hill.
Now that you’re thinking about the most beautiful spectacle in sports, go
ahead and head home and grab a tape of your favorite Clemson game and pop it
in the VCR. But also subscribe to Tiger Insider – your connection to Clemson
football when you’re not in Death Valley.
Subscribe to Tiger Insider Today!
In the 2001 Fall Preview issue of Tiger Insider:
- Woodrow Dantzler says he's ready to lead the team…is it too late for Dantzler to become a take-charge guy?
- How much was Clemson's image damaged by Gaffneygate? The answer may surprise you.
- David Harry asks and answers 20 questions about the upcoming season.
- Mark Jetton shunned what he calls the "wine and cheese" crowd of Virginia to attend Clemson. How soon will he contribute?
- "Air" Currie has been turns head with his blinding speed, but you'll be surprised when you find out he's a mere babe when it comes to the gridiron.
- Clemson's playbook: The Dart Play - a simple play that Woody Dantzler turned into a magical run down the sideline against Virginia.
- The defensive backs will be the focus of attention this season. Tom Didato takes a look at the players that will be counted on to step up in the secondary.
- Recruiting profiles: Steven Bright and Kelvin Grant. Bright is a top-notch quarterback from nearby Greenville. Grant could be the best to ever come out of Camden.
- Profiles of Clemson's 2001 opponents.
- and much more