Pickens High School
6'5", 320 pounds
Wilson Norris' size and strength makes him a man among boys at the high school level. Although Pickens recently suffered a 40-15 loss to Greenville, South Carolina's top-ranked 3-A team, Wilson had an impressive outing. He has graded out at an average of 87 percent this season, and graded out at 92 percent against the Red Raiders.
Norris is the type of player and young man that any major college program would want, and the list of schools that have offered a scholarship to him is proof of that.
"I have heard from just about every ACC and SEC school, as well as Nebraska and Notre Dame," Norris said.
Those schools need not to continue in pursuit of Norris, however. The Pickens High standout has made a verbal commitment to Clemson, and has no plans of changing his mind.
"I have always loved Clemson, and there are a lot of good coaches there," Norris said. "Coach Brad Scott and Coach Tommy Bowden are my kind of people. Clemson is close to home, and the fact that my family and friends can come see me play really means a lot. There is nothing that can change my mind about wanting to go to Clemson. I want to be a Tiger."
Although Norris believes that he can make an impact at Clemson, he is comfortable with not starting or seeing playing time right away.
"Coach Scott has told me that I would more than likely play right guard, which I play in high school," Norris said. "He said that I would more than likely be a depth player next season, and has mentioned the possibility of red-shirting. The coaches at Clemson want my four or five years at Clemson to be memorable and fun, and that means a lot. I think I would rather red-shirt. That would allow me to get a year under my belt at the college level."
Reported 2007 Clemson Commitments
1. Mason Cloy OL 6-3 265 4.8 Columbia, SC (Spring Valley HS)
2. Scotty Cooper LB 6-0 195 4.5 Lake City, SC (Lake City HS)
3. Xavier Dye WR 6-4 215 4.5 Greenwood, SC (Greenwood HS)
4. Stanley Hunter LB 6-0 205 4.5 Duncan, SC (Byrnes HS)
5. Jarvis Jenkins DT 6-4 305 4.9 Central, SC (Daniel HS)
6. Willy Korn QB 6-2 200 4.5 Duncan, SC (Byrnes HS)
7. Rennie Moore DE 6-5 260 4.7 St. Mary's, GA (Camden Co. HS)
8. Wilson Norris OL 6-5 320 5.2 Pickens, SC (Pickens HS)
9. David Smith OT 6-5 280 4.9 Greenville, SC (Greenville HS)
10. Landon Walker OT 6-6 270 5.0 Ronda, NC (East Wilkes HS)
11. Marcus Gilchrist DB 5-11 170 4.5 High Point, NC (Andrews HS)
12. Brian Linthicum TE 6-5 220 4.7 Charlottesville, VA (St. Anne's-Belfield)
13. Drew Traylor DE 6-4 225 4.7 Mountain Brook, AL (Mountain Brook HS)
14. Deandre McDaniel DB 6-1 190 4.5 Tallahassee, FL