Tommy Bowden Sunday Teleconference
CLEMSON -- Clemson head football coach Tommy Bowden was available to the media by teleconference on Sunday to discuss the win over North Carolina.
Tommy Bowden, Windows Media, (12:09)
Bullet points from Tommy Bowden's Sunday Teleconference:
- When you lose a conference game someone else is driving the car. Now that BC has lost we've at least got a hand on the steering wheel. N.C. State and Wake have no conference losses. Maryland hasn't played a divisional game yet. To be sitting here after four games 3-1, we're not entirely happy but pretty pleased.
- Film: Had a bunch of guys who played good. There were several options for team MVPs. As I said after game it looked like we were hitting on all cylinders. After watching film, we were. James Davis was offensive MVP, Dorrell Scott defensive MVP and Sadat Chambers special teams MVP.
- All football is mental, but kicking more than any position. Thought the way Jad fought through the adversity says a lot about him.
- Protection on place kicks was good. It was all about speeding up the get-off time. We did that.
- We didn't have any long passes or any long runs vs. UNC. That's when you get up to 600 or 700 yards of total offense. But Proctor only threw 14 passes.
- Running game: I'd like to be about 70 percent run. That means you're winning games. You know the game's in control when you can do that. We haven't had a lot of those around here.
- Merriweather's ankle sprained. Doesn't appear to be anything serious.