Tommy Bowden Friday Teleconference
CLEMSON -- Clemson head football coach Tommy Bowden was available to the media by teleconference on Friday to discuss the loss to Virginia Tech.
Tommy Bowden, Windows Media, (22:01)
Tommy Bowden notes and quotes from his Friday teleconference:
- Backup running back Demerick Chancellor had surgery on his shoulder and hopes to be back by the USC game. He was injured in the Temple game and was hoping to wait till after the season for the surgery but that was not possible.
- Tommy Bowden was hit in the back of the head early in the first quarter with a glass mini-bottle. Bowden was not injured. He gave the bottle to Clemson AD Terry Don Phillips but says he probably should have given it to the referee. Bowden said he heard the guy who threw the bottle was later arrested.
- The offensive plan for VT was based on having some success running the ball so the lack of success really hurt the offense.
- DT Rashaad Jackson is not expected to miss any playing time after being injured during the game.
- No plan to get backup quarterback Cullen Harper extra playing time due to the recent struggles of Will Proctor.
- Bowden said from tackle to tackle the offensive line played well but they were hurt somewhat by the absence of tight end Thomas Hunter on edge blocking.