TCU vs Clemson Postgame Notes
C.J. Spiller became Clemson's career leader in reception yards by a running back against TCU.
* C.J. Spiller became the second player in college football history to accumulate 2500 yards rushing, 1000 yards receiving, 1500 yards in kick off returns and 500 yards in punt returns when he caught a 60 yard pass from Kyle Parker in the second period. He joins former Heisman trophy winner Reggie Bush of Southern California in this category.
* Spiller now has 2623 rushing, 1067 yards receiving, 541 in punt returns and 1534 receiving.
* Spiller became Clemson's career leader in reception yards by a running back today. With his 1067 career receiving yards he now has 10 more than Travis Zachery, who had the previous record with 1057 between 1998-2001.
* With 33 seconds left in the first half, CJ Spiller ran for a one yard touchdown, it was his and Clemson's first rushing touchdown of the 2009 season.
* C.J. Spiller now has 204 points off of 34 touchdowns in his career to become the 10th player in Clemson history to do so, the third non-kicker.
* Spiller had 227 all-purpose running yards, his third straight 200-yard all-purpose game. He is the first player in Clemson history with three consecutive games of at least 200 all-purpose yards
* Spiller will need just 64 all-purpose yards next week at Maryland to become the ACC's career leader in that category. He has 5765 yards for his career.
* Spiller had a career high 26 rushing attempts today and career high 31 touches.
* Today was Spiller's ninth career 100-yard rushing game, but his first since the 2007 season when he had 17-106 against Maryland
* This was the third consecutive home game that it has rained during the game. This is the first time in the 67-year history of Death Valley that it has rained during three consecutive games.
* Dabo Swinney has lost five games in his 11-game coaching career and four of the five losses have been by five points or less.