Mickey Plyler Sunday Night Recruiting Show Notes
Notes from "The 2005 Recruiting Show brought to you by George Coleman Ford of Travelers Rest." You can hear the show live on 104.9 FM or at www.wccpfm.com on Sunday's 8-10 PM.
There were no official visits for Clemson this weekend. South Carolina hosted 18 prospects.
WR Carlos Thomas 5-11 180 4.28 College Park, GA (Banneker HS)
- Enjoyed visit to Ohio State this weekend (First visit) but did not commit
- Visits South Carolina (1/14) and Florida (1/28)
- USC recruiter is Steve Spurrier Jr.
- No other schools involved now and no leader
RB James Davis 6-0 205 4.40 Atlanta, GA Douglass (HS)
- Visited Alabama this weekend and is now leaning to Alabama
- Will visit Clemson January 14
DB Chris Chancellor 5-9 160 4.50 Miami, FL (Edison HS)
- Has visited Rutgers (10/29) and Oklahoma St (12/13)
- Visited Florida State this weekend and it was “an awesome trip” but did not commit
- Will visit Clemson (1/14) and then following weekend will visit either Florida, South Florida or North Carolina
- Twin brother Demerick Chancellor is committed to Clemson
- Thinks he will have a decision on signing day
DB Sadat Chambers 5-10 180 4.5 Pageland SC (Central HS)
- Will visit Clemson (1/14), South Carolina (1/21) and Virginia Tech (1/28)
- Still committed to Clemson.
- Recruited by Clemson assistant Dabo Swinney
- On Clemson: “I’ve liked the Tigers for a while. They got a good program down there. Extra good. I think I will fit in good there.”
- On South Carolina: “They got a new coach and everything is new down there.”
- On VT: “I forgot the man’s name recruiting me but they got a good program too.”
- Does not know when he will have the final decision.
ATH Ray Ray McElrathby 6-0 185 4.40 Atlanta GA (Mays HS)
- Visited Tulane this weekend but is still a firm commitment to Clemson
- Will visit Clemson (1/14) and Florida (1/28)
- Recruited as a defensive back and returner
- Brings a notebook on official visits and writes down what he likes and doesn’t like
- Tulane’s Chris Selfo, Clemson’s Tommy Bowden and Arkansas’ Houston Nutt will all visit in the next week or two.
DB Jamie Robinson 6-3 185 4.50 Rock Hill, SC (Northwestern HS)
- Visited Florida State this weekend but did not commit. “I liked it . It’s real nice down there.”
- Will visit Clemson (1/14). “The think I like about them is they seem like they got a good coaching staff and people down there. I just want to get around the players a little more to see how it is.” David Blackwell is the recruiter.
- Will visit Virginia Tech (1/21).
- No leader between Clemson, VT and Florida St.
- Probably will have a decision the last week
- FSU’s Bobby Bowden will visit in-home on 1/23.
DL Jerrell King 6-7 270 4.90 North Charleston, SC (North Charleston HS)
- South Carolina leads over Clemson
- Does not know when he will make a decision
- Will visit South Carolina (1/14) and Clemson (1/21)
DL Hivera Green 6-5 270 4.80 Conway SC ( Conway HS)
- Visited SC this weekend. “The trip went well. I went there with Bobby (Wallace). I did not commit to them. Noah Whiteside was my player host. We had a pretty good time.
- Will visit Clemson (1/14) and Virginia Tech (1/28)
- Clemson was first offer
- Wide open between Clemson, Virginia Tech, and South Carolina.
WR JC Neal 6-1 185 4.37 Sumter SC (Lakewood HS)
- Visited South Carolina this weekend. "I had a great time there. "It was much better than I would have thought. I was leaning to NC State but they have had some coaches leave and I had a good time at USC. Things are all even now."
- Other visits include VT (12/3), NC State (1/14) and Clemson (1/21).
RB Mike Davis 5-10 205 4.50 Columbia SC (Columbia HS)
- Visited Kentucky (12/11). “It was a great trip. They have great facilities. I love the coaching and I love the players. I love the surroundings. I love being there.”
- Visited UNC (12/03). “Everybody knows they have great facilities and a great campus. Very beautiful. Their football players. I love them. I know some of them. Coach Bunting is great. I like the town.”
- Will visit Clemson (1/14). “I think it is a great time for me to come. The running back situation is good, but it could be better. I think I could do better at Clemson or I could contribute better at Clemson.” Brad Scott is the recruiter.
- Will visit South Carolina (1/21). “SC is in town. I live right down the street. My mother and father like South Carolina. Both of them also like Clemson. It’s going to be battle. I love Coach Stockstill. He is one of the great recruiters.”
- Will visit Maryland (1/28). “Maryland is kind of like a home away from home. I have an aunt, sister…I have lot of family in Maryland. I think Maryland is a good time for me to go there too. The running back situation is good but it is not too good. I love the coaching and I love the players.”
- Decision after Maryland visit around January 30.
- No leader.