Clemson vs Missouri Game Notes
|2000-09-09 22:54:25.0- -|
CLEMSON, SC -- Clemson inducted ten into the Clemson Hall of Fame Saturday. Former football players Rodney Williams, Michael Dean Perry and James Trapp were inducted along with the others at a halftime ceremony. Also inducted was former basketball player Elden Campbell. Absent from the ceremonies was former soccer coach I.M. Ibrahim, who was forced out in 1994. Ibrahim, who was represented at the ceremony by his sons, still runs a chain of sporting good stores in Clemson.
- Former South Florence players Justin Watts and Morgan Woodward both had catches Saturday. Quarterback Woody Dantzler found Woodward coming across the middle for a completion. Woodward took the pass ten yards past the line of scrimmage and ran down the left sideline for a 24-yard play.
Watts caught a Dantzler pass late in the first half for a 13-yard completion. It was Watts' first reception of the season and Woodward's second. Woodward had a touchdown catch against the Citadel.
- Missouri's Zain Gilmore scored on a 2-yard run in the second quarter to give Missouri its first score on the road since Oct. 9, 1999. Missouri was shut out three straight game on the road to end last season.
- Brian Mance had two interceptions and recovered a fumble Saturday, the seventh time a Clemson player has had three take-aways in a game. The last Clemson player to pull a defensive hat trick was Brian Dawkins against Duke in 1995.
- Former Clemson player and current NFL linebacker Levon Kirkland was on hand to make a contribution to the "Call Me Mister" program. The program, headed by former Clemson All-American Jeff Davis, is a cooperative effort between Benedict College, Claflin College and Morris College to place 200 young African-American men as teachers in South Carolina classrooms within four years. Minority enrollment in south Carolina public schools is at 39 percent while less than one percent of the teachers are minorities. Kirkland made the presentation between the first and second quarters.
- Clemson scored 34 points in a span of 8:33, starting with a 38-yard pass from Dantzler to Rod Gardner and finishing with a 2-yard run by Travis Zachery with Clemson led 14-9 at the beginning of the stretch and led 48-9 when the streak was over.
- Woodrow Dantzler has now led Clemson's offense to 86 points in 83 minutes in two games this year. He is 28-36 passing for 380 yards and five touchdowns. He has not throw an interception.
- The 49-yard pass completion from Willie Simmons to Kevin Youngblood tied for the longest pass play by a Tommy Bowden coached Clemson team. Dantzler threw a 49-yard pass to Rod Gardner last year.
- Clemson is now 31-0-1 in its history when it has at least 200 yards rushing and 200 yards passing.