Clemson, SC-The Clemson Football team will hold its annual Fan Appreciation Day in Memorial Stadium on Sunday, August 13 from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. All Clemson players and coaches will be available for autographs and to pose for photos under the North and South Stands of Memorial Stadium.
Due to the expected heat, fans are encouraged to refrain from getting to the stadium area until 2:00 PM. The gates will not open before 3:00 PM.
Parking will be available in Lot 4, Lot 5, the physical plant parking lot behind Fike Recreation Center, and along the streets near Memorial Stadium.
Defensive players will be available under the North Stands and offensive players will be stationed underneath the South Stands. The first 1000 youngsters 8th grade and under entering through Gate 5
(only) will be given a Clemson t-shirt.
Those fans who want Coach Bowden's autograph or picture should enter at the gate at Howard's Rock. Due to the expected demand and in attempted to accommodate as many fans as possible, fans will only be allowed to get one item autographed or one picture taken with Coach Bowden. You may re-enter the line as often as you wish during the 2 hours that the gates will be open.
Clemson football posters and free soft drinks will be available compliments of Coca Cola. The IPTAY and Ticket Office will be open from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm for those fans who want to purchase tickets or a 2006 Clemson Media Guide.
195 Clemson Athletes named to Academic Honor Roll Cribb and Gibson Named for Fifth Year
Greensboro, NC-Clemson baseball player Josh Cribb and men's soccer player Bradley Gibson were two of 195 Clemson student-athletes named to the ACC's Academic Honor roll for the 2005-06 academic year. The 50th annual honor roll was announced by Commissioner John Swofford.
The Honor Roll is comprised of those student-athletes who participated in a varsity-level sport and registered a grade point average of 3.0 or better for the full academic year. In its first season as a 12-member league, the ACC set the conference record for the 20th consecutive year as 2,597 student-athletes were honored for their hard work in the classroom this past season.
Duke led the conference in total selections for the 18th-straight year placing 362 student-athletes on the list. The Blue Devils narrowly edged Boston College for the top spot as the Eagles placed
359 athletes on this year's Academic Honor Roll. North Carolina was third with 275, while Maryland was fourth with 254. Virginia tallied
221 student-athletes, followed by Clemson (195), Florida State (187), NC State (184), Virginia Tech (177), Georgia Tech (147), Wake Forest
(132) and Miami (104).
Cribb and Gibson were two of the 16 ACC student-athletes named for the fifth time. Cribb was a first-team All-ACC pitcher who helped Clemson to the College World Series, while Gibson helped the Tiger soccer team to the Final Four.
Clemson (195): Kati Aggas 1 - Swimming; Danny Alge 4 - Track; Chris Allen 1 - Baseball; Jill Allen 2 - Swimming; Liz Averyt 1 - Rowing; Matt Balderston 2 - Swimming; Jennifer Barton 4 - Track; Mackenzie Bartz 1 - Rowing; Meg Bendik 1 - Rowing; Andy Bergren 1 - Swimming; Julie Bolt 1 - Soccer; William Bond 1 - Baseball; Vernita Boone 2 - Rowing; Laura Boozer 2 - Volleyball; Caroline Borgan 1 - Rowing; Barbi Breimann 3 - Rowing; Blair Brendle 2 - Rowing; Katie Bridges 1 - Volleyball; Sarah Broeker 3 - Rowing; Corey Brown 1 - Track; Lisa Brown 1 - Track; Sam Bryfczynski 1 - Track; Mark Buchholz 2 - Soccer; Greg Burana 3 - Soccer; Chris Carey 3 - Football; Nichole Carlton 4 - Swimming; Peg Carter 1 - Swimming; Martin Catalioto 3 - Golf; Sarah Cefalu 3 - Swimming; Zach Cerny 1
- Football; Brad Chalk 2 - Baseball; Cole Chason 3 - Football; Roy Cheney 2 - Track; Sean Clark 2 - Baseball; Kay Clarke 2 - Tennis; Ashley Clay 1 - Swimming; Josh Cribb 5 - Baseball; Jay Crout 3 - Swimming; Claire Cuda 1 - Swimming; Herman Demmink 3 - Baseball; Thea Dix 1 - Track; Marquita Dortch 1 - Track; Sue Eckman 2 - Volleyball; Josh Elam 1 - Track; Elizabeth Embler 1 - Track; Kim Faerber 3 - Soccer; Nelson Faerber 1 - Football; Stephen Faris 3 - Baseball; Abbey Fernandez 1 - Rowing; Chris Fidrych 2 - Baseball; Drew Fiorenza 2 - Baseball; Bradley Flowers 1 - Football; Sunday Ford 1 - Track; Amanda Frist 1 - Basketball; Amber Funk 1 - Soccer; Stephen Furr 4 - Football; Brittney Gamble 3 - Rowing; Sean Geary 1 - Swimming; Kathi Gerber 1 - Tennis; Fraser Gerth 1 - Soccer; Bradley Gibson 5 - Soccer; Allison Graham 4 - Soccer; Jen Grove 2 - Swimming; Ben Hall 2 - Baseball; Cliff Hammonds 2 - Basketball; Taylor Harbin 2 - Baseball; Sarah Hayward 1 - Rowing; Candice Hein 4 - Soccer; Ford Heiner 2 - Rowing; Bryce Herrington 1
- Swimming; Katie Hicks 3 - Swimming; Randi Hinton 1 - Track; Brent Hobbs 2 - Track; Doug Hogan 2 - Baseball; Chris Howard 2 - Baseball; Thomas Hunter 1 - Football; Greg Isaacs 3 - Track; Elizabeth Jennings 2 - Rowing; Lizzy Jobe 2 - Soccer; Annie Johnson
1 - Rowing; Candice Johnson 1 - Track; Joel Johnson 3 - Swimming; Molly Johnson 1 - Soccer; Lauren Johnston 2 - Soccer; Beth Jordan 1
- Track; Ben Kanoy 4 - Swimming; Chelsea Kautz 4 - Rowing; Dan Kazilionis 2 - Swimming; Ian Keller 1 - Tennis; Aaron Kelly 1 - Football; Andrew Kessler 3 - Track; Brian Knapp 1 - Track; Paul Koenke 1 - Tennis; Rochelle Kokayko 1 - Track; Sandel Koning 2 - Tennis; David Kopp 2 - Baseball; Cassy Larussa 1 - Swimming; Paige Ledford 1 - Soccer; James Lumpkins 1 - Track; Jimmy Maners 1 - Football; Leslie Mansfield 2 - Volleyball; Lauren Marriott 1 - Track; Alex Martin 2 - Baseball; Ben Martin 1 - Golf; Meghan McCleskey 3 - Rowing; Sarah McClurg 4 - Soccer; Melanie McDaniel 1
- Rowing; Rachel McLaurin 1 - Track; Patrice McMillan 2 - Track; Britten Meyer 3 - Soccer; Jen Miata 2 - Swimming; Greg Middleton 3
- Swimming; Matt Morris 1 - Basketball; Daniel Moskos 1 - Baseball; David Newton 1 - Soccer; Thomas Niemeier 1 - Swimming; Avery Oldfield 1 - Soccer; Michelle Parkhurst 1 - Swimming; Alex Pearson 2 - Football; Clay Pendleton 2 - Track; Stephanie Permar 3
- Soccer; Tia Perry 1 - Track; Casey Phillips 4 - Track; Amanda Pirovitz 2 - Swimming; Stephen Poole 4 - Golf; Sarah Porri 1 - Swimming; Andy Porter 1 - Track; Catheryne Porter 1 - Track; Brian Possee 1 - Swimming; Patrick Raisor 2 - Swimming; Caroline Rash 1 - Track; Jaclyn Rath 4 - Rowing; Nicole Rau 1 - Rowing; Tribble Reese
1 - Football; Brian Regone 2 - Swimming; Rachel Regone 1 - Swimming; Charlie Roberts 4 - Soccer; Dawn Robertson 2 - Volleyball; Ashley Robinson 1 - Track; Shawan Robinson 4 - Basketball; Elyse Roenick 1 - Rowing; Parker Rogers 1 - Soccer; Scott Rosman 1 - Soccer; Brittany Ross 1 - Volleyball; Ryan Roushandel 2 - Soccer; Jeff Routh 2 - Soccer; Kim Routh 2 - Swimming; Jessica Rutter 1 - Track; Carol Salge 1 - Tennis; Carlyn Sander 1 - Swimming; Whitney Sandison 1 - Swimming; Suzanne Sawicki
1 - Rowing; Lia Schendel 1 - Soccer; Kelly Schneider 3 - Soccer; Jessica Scott 3 - Swimming; Ashley Shafer 4 - Swimming; Jessica Shain 3 - Soccer; Lucas Shires 1 - Track; Zack Siefert 1 - Golf; Charmayne Smith 1 - Track; Kim Smith 1 - Rowing; Ope Sobanjo 3 - Track; Gabrielle Solek-Tefft 3 - Tennis; Brian Sorrells 3 - Football; Brandon Speweik 1 - Football; Meghan Stanton 4 - Volleyball; Meghan Steiner 2 - Volleyball; Chris Stone 1 - Football; Preston Stone 1 - Football; Megan Stuermann 2 - Rowing; Kristin Thompson 4 - Track; Taylor Thompson 1 - Swimming; Brett Twente 3 - Tennis; Meagan Ucci 1 - Rowing; Kelly Urso 4 - Swimming; Havird Usry 1 - Soccer; Micah Usry 1 - Soccer; Federica Vanadrichem 1 - Tennis; Lydia Vandenbergh 4 - Soccer; Suzanne Van Fleet 2 - Rowing; Amanda Vaughan 2 - Swimming; Matt Vaughn 1 - Baseball; Kathryn Wait 3 - Rowing; Jessica Watcke 3 - Swimming; Abdur Watkins 1 - Track; Elizabeth Weichel 4 - Rowing; Kristen Weinacker 4 - Rowing; Emilie Wells 3 - Swimming; Sarah Wippermann 4
- Swimming; Frank Wrenn 1 - Golf; Jesse Yanutola 1 - Basketball; Susan Yenser 1 - Basketball; Julia Young 1 - Rowing; Ali Zacker 1 - Swimming; P.J. Zocchi 2 - Baseball