TV: ESPN2 (Bob Wischusen - play-by-play, Len Elmore - color)
Overall: Clemson leads 10-4
at Clemson: Clemson leads 5-0
at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 5-0
at Boston College: Boston College leads 4-1
at Neutral: Clemson leads 4-0
First Meeting: Clemson, 80-60, in 1975-76
Last Meeting: Clemson, 70-47, in 2010-11
Streak: Clemson has won two straight
• Clemson and Boston College will meet for the 15th time in the series on Thursday. The Tigers hold a 10-4 advantage overall, but the Eagles are 4-1 versus Clemson at home. Last season, Brad BrownellBrad Brownell Head Coach View Full Profile’s team beat Boston College in the regular season and in the ACC Tournament.
• The Tigers have won six of the last seven games in the series over the Eagles.
• Clemson has won two of its last five ACC road openers, including the 2008-09 season when the Tigers defeated Miami in Coral Gables by a score of 91-72.
• Clemson enters Thursday’s tilt with a 9-6 overall record, 1-0 in the ACC. The Tigers are coming off a 20-point win at home over Florida State in which they shot 49 percent, best this season by a Seminole opponent.
• Boston College is 5-10 on the season after dropping its ACC opener last weekend in Chapel Hill to No. 3 North Carolina.
• According to the latest NCAA statistics, Clemson is 16th among all Division I schools in scoring defense, yielding just 57.6 points per game. The Tigers are second only to Virginia among ACC schools in scoring defense.
• Thursday’s game will feature a combined 15 freshmen for the two squads. Five of Boston College’s top six scorers are freshmen.
• Clemson attempted just 104 free throws (13 per game) in its first eight games. In the past seven games, the Tigers have made 161 trips (23 per game) to the charity stripe and converted at a 72 percent clip during that time.
• Andre YoungAndre Young Sr. Guard #11 5-9, 175 Albany, GA View Full Profile surpassed the 1,000-point mark in his career with a game-high 18 points against Florida State. He also became the sixth player in Clemson history with 200 or more three-pointers in a career.
• Young leads the ACC and is in the top 20 in the nation in free throw accuracy, hitting 90.7 percent of his attempts. He had a streak of 28 consecutive made free throws snapped in the second half against Florida State.
• Reserve center Catalin BaciuCatalin Baciu Sr. Center #10 7-2, 255 Cluj-Napoca, View Full Profile surpassed his three-year point total entering his senior season, with 61 points in 15 games.
• Devin BookerDevin Booker Jr. Forward #31 6-8, 245 Whitmire, SC View Full Profile and his older sibling, former Tiger great Trevor BookerTrevor Booker Forward #35 6-7, 240 Whitmire, SC View Full Profile, are the fifth-highest brother scoring combination in ACC history with 2,306 combined points.