Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson must overcome history in rematch with Heels
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Mar 11, 2011, 10:23 PM

Clemson faces North Carolina in Saturday's ACC semifinals, a team that has beaten them twice this season. Clemson's players, however, think they can pull of the upset. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't a fan of him as a player, but Montross.....

Mar 11, 2011, 10:55 PM

gives us some pretty classy compliments as an analyst. Much better than Mike Patrick.

Haha

Mar 12, 2011, 3:18 AM

My dad has a VHS tape of the 93 championship (he went to UNC) where Chris Webber called the timeout that gave the game to UNC. I think of that and I think of the image of when Montross got split on the bald forehead he had and had blood running down his face during a game.

This is bad media. Shouldn't even be mentioned

Mar 12, 2011, 6:10 AM

you keep bringing it up and we keep losing. Should be focused on the positives of what Clemson has done. Clemson fans get behind the tigers and know that they are going to beat UNC. We will get additional fan support from duke and virginia tech fans

1 and 14 vs UNC? That can't be right***

Mar 12, 2011, 7:20 AM

We are much better against them in the tournament

Mar 12, 2011, 7:57 AM

then we are on their home court :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Buckner says we can get it done

Mar 12, 2011, 11:16 AM [ in reply to 1 and 14 vs UNC? That can't be right*** ]

Especially in Greensboro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIT9vJv1frQ

Re: Clemson's path to beating the heels

Mar 12, 2011, 7:45 AM

Just run the legs out from under them. Get your rebounds. Hit your free throws and hope the short jumper is working for CU. CU has to at least make UNC respect us in the middle and not think they own it. Do not start slow. Get an early lead. Contest everyshot. Defense has to maintain, at least avg at free throw, Get your 8 steals and 5 block shots and play a game above our avg rebounding. Limit turnovers and have a positive take away ratio. Gotta show some in the middle against their height and shoot over it with 35% of your 3s. Someone has to be a go to player. overcome with depth from bench Do this we win

Message was edited by: CUTIGERTIM®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Re: Clemson's path to beating the heels

Mar 12, 2011, 11:25 AM

Definitely a thorough summary - agree with it all.
The thing I think is most critical: taking some work away from Stitt and Grant and having Young, Stanton, and Anderson knocking back some good open shots. Do this and i predict win. Just need more than two threats and need those threats to be present through the games entirety.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Re: Clemson must overcome history in rematch with Heels

Mar 12, 2011, 8:43 AM

get them in foul trouble?! easier said than done, Montross. last i heard, the game was being played in NC

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic