Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offense shows balance, Ellington and Hopkins show out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Oct 24, 2010, 2:29 AM

The Clemson offense played perhaps its most balanced game of the season, while running back Andre Ellington and receiver Nuke Hopkins showed flashes of brilliance. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now we know the real key to the game

Oct 24, 2010, 9:41 AM

those guys were hungry.

Don't feed them before the game from now on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

What Billy fails to understand is that we could've rushed

Oct 24, 2010, 10:20 AM

for 350 and thrown for around 100. I have never seen a coach who finds something that works and is too stubborn to stay with it, or stay with it with the hot hand. I give the playcalling a C plus B minus

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't you leave the coaching to him.

Oct 24, 2010, 11:31 AM

Do you not think the defense will adjust if you go strickly to the run game?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

None of us here coach...

Oct 24, 2010, 11:55 AM

But we all see the results. And I agree with the original poster.

You don't have to be a coach to see that our run game is more effective than our passing game. His statement of 350yds running and 100 yds passing sounds the most efficient to me....passing enough to keep the defense honest.

Yes but Clemson ran 14 straight times on final scoring drive

Oct 24, 2010, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Why don't you leave the coaching to him. ]

I think balance is important and it's important to keep defenses honest, especially if they start loading the box. But if you can pound the rock on the ground, then it's good to do so. (GT, Navy, et al, make a living on the ground.) On Clemson's final scoring drive, GT knew that Clemson would keep the ball on the ground to grind down the clock. But Clemson ran the ball 14 straight times and GT couldn't stop Clemson from scoring. Again, I like balance. But it's fine to go with what's working.

Re: Why don't you leave the coaching to him.

Oct 24, 2010, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Why don't you leave the coaching to him. ]

Agree!!! Leave the coaching to Dabo & the other coaches.

Re: What Billy fails to understand is that we could've rushed

Oct 24, 2010, 1:06 PM [ in reply to What Billy fails to understand is that we could've rushed ]

Yeah, no kidding. Are the coaches that clueless???

AE : 101 rushes 642 yds 6.4 yds/att

JH : 79 rushes 303 yds 3.8 yds/att

And with these numbers AE only gets 56% of the carries??? Are they trying to lose games on purpose? Just makes you wonder.

Re: What Billy fails to understand is that we could've rushed

Oct 24, 2010, 2:01 PM

Take it back to the x-box there coach....You obviously don't understand playcalling.Ellington is our Ace in the hole.He started calling pass plays early to get KP comfortable,once he was...we struck with Ellington,Harper was used as receiver quite a bit also.I think as our O matures,we are gonna get dangerous.I would not be suprised to see a big Offensive game this week at BC.

not a chef, but i know bad food

Oct 24, 2010, 2:25 PM

i think its a case of not seeing the forest for the trees. coaches are so wrapped up in stats, minutes, number of snaps, and trying to outwit the opposing coach that they don't get a feel for the game like the fans do. everyone knows harper up the middle on 1st down results in a 2nd and long situation most of the time- everyone knows that kyle isn't accurate rolling out, and that rolling out is rarely ever productive- everyone knew dye and ashe weren't that good- why has it taken three losses for the staff to realize what i knew during the 1st quarter of the auburn game? i am not a coach, i only played one year, but i sure am smart enough to understand what is working and what isn't- im sure napier and dabo are too, but they didn't seem to do anything about it until the fans told them to- why? why? why?
we still need answers and accountability- one win does not erase our 2-2 acc record

Re: not a chef, but i know bad food

Oct 24, 2010, 8:40 PM

Maybe you don't put together a 14 play drive consisting exclusively of running plays unless the defense can'tload the box for fear of a pass to Hopkins, Allen,etc. Remember the Proctor era??

Re: not a chef, but i know bad food

Oct 24, 2010, 9:48 PM [ in reply to not a chef, but i know bad food ]

Without a doubt, coot logic at its best. Go away cootie !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic