Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Parker just "hanging out" and waiting on June 7th
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

May 31, 2010, 10:04 PM

Clemson's Kyle Parker said on Monday that he tired of all of the questions, just as he knows Clemson fans are anxious to know the answer to the question: Will he go or will he stay? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Parker just "hanging out" and waiting on June 7th

May 31, 2010, 11:27 PM

Yhis article sounds more like Parker is considering being gone next year. I hope he stays, but if he goes, I wish him well. Either way, I think we aill be fine. Many colleges use freshmen QB's and have success, and we can too. This year will be a better year for that, IMO, because our OL should be much better. We will know shortly, though. I wish the best for KP, but whatever, the Tigers must move forward and man up. We can be very good next year with KP or with TB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is gone***

May 31, 2010, 11:32 PM

Re: He is gone***

Jun 1, 2010, 1:16 AM

I would agree that he is gone in this years MLB. If his heart was in football he would have already said that he will the the QB at Clemson unless he was a first round pick. Baseball comes first in his mind and I am not mad at him for a second.

It was nice to think what would have been for this upcoming season.

Good luck KP!!!!!!

Why would he promise to play football...

Jun 1, 2010, 1:57 AM

unless he's a first round draft pick? What if he's a second or third round draft pick but gets offered 2-3 million dollars? Should he turn it down because he'd promised to play football if he wasn't take in the first round? You never know what a team will offer somebody, the baseball draft has no logic to it.

we finally agree baseball fan***

Jun 1, 2010, 9:27 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is gone***

Jun 1, 2010, 7:09 AM [ in reply to Re: He is gone*** ]

People on here forget that Boyd is a talented QB. He was not a 5 star QB coming out of high school because of a unique first name. People on here also forget that Parker was a redshirt freshman last year too.

Huge difference between Parker and Boyd

Jun 1, 2010, 11:12 AM

Boyd is still rehabbing his knee. Boyd struggled for most of the spring. He had trouble reading defenses, and picking up the offense.

Parker is a High school coach's son, and has a cannon for an arm. He had a much better football base coming in, and picked up the offense quickly. Look at last years spring game, compared to this years. Parker's play in the spring game last year, was light years ahead of where Boyd was at.

Boyd may do well as a starter, but IMO he's going to struggle far more than Parker did

Yes, but even Dabo said (during the P&G) that it will

Jun 1, 2010, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: He is gone*** ]

set our program back because we'd have a freshman QB again. That doesn't mean that Taj isn't good. Parker is so much better this year than he was this time last year and if he's gone we can't carry that momentum forward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, but even Dabo said (during the P&G) that it will

Jun 3, 2010, 2:52 AM

if kp goes and he has been holding dabo hostage since the end of last year, we are lucky to get 4 or 5 wins this season
too bad if he goes for stupid baseball when he could be a heisman candidate.
his father, carl parker played tight end for the cincy bengals in the 88 super bowl agains the 49ers, you would think he could see the light, 10 bucks for a baseball ticket and several hundred for football, where is the money? football for parker, he has a gun for an arm. well, gents, taj looked terrible in the white/orange game, get ready for a losing season, eee gadds, even, i hate to say it, the rooster over in columbia might beat us on our home field.
its called growing pains, guess if kp goes, i will just go to panthers games
i hate baseball

"Baseball comes first in his mind" ?!?!?!

Jun 1, 2010, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: He is gone*** ]

Baseball may be his priority right now because it offers him the best opportunity, at least in the short term, for a career as a professional athlete.

While circumstances can and do change, KP has repeatedly stated that football was his top priority and that he cam to Clemson to play football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Nope, he'll be back*

Jun 2, 2010, 9:36 AM [ in reply to He is gone*** ]

I don't think he'll be a 1st or 2nd round pick. I've only seen him on TV so far this year and I have yet to see him hit a curve ball.

If KP wanted to Stay He Would......

Jun 1, 2010, 7:22 AM

He obviously has a number in his mind with regards to the MLB draft that will be his deciding factor. Clemson is a great place to go to College and play sports, but the fact that he is still undecided merely tells us that he is ready to move to the next level if the number is right.

I imagine KP's stock is about as high as it will ever be for MLB. One more year could help, but he is having a fine season and I expect him to be gone.....

I just wished that he would come out and say what it would take for him to play pro-baseball. I wished he would say something like "If I was select in either the 1st or 2nd round I would be leaving"....something like that so we all would be on the same page.

Best wishes either way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: If KP wanted to Stay He Would......

Jun 1, 2010, 7:56 AM

Why can't he do both? Ricky Williams was a minor league baseball player for the Phillies during his entire career at Texas? If he pays his own way wouldn't he still be able to play since he's not on scholarship? Just a theory.

Re: If KP wanted to Stay He Would......

Jun 1, 2010, 10:11 AM

I would think that a MLB team that payed a big signing bonus to a player wouldn't want that player risking injury playing football for free.

A couple of things from your post

Jun 1, 2010, 9:10 AM [ in reply to If KP wanted to Stay He Would...... ]

"He obviously has a number in his mind with regards to the MLB draft that will be his deciding factor." I don't believe this at all. I don't think he has put together any sort of scenario where, if he gets a certain amount of money, he will leave. There is a lot in a draft offer to consider including what team drafted him, contract length, chance at advancement in to the majors (not just playing in the farm league until a star player leaves), as well as money.

I just wished that he would come out and say what it would take for him to play pro-baseball. So you would have him give away his negotiating power? What if a team was willing to offer him more, but decided "Hey, he said he would jump if we offer him much less."

Yep

Jun 1, 2010, 9:21 AM

Right now it simply doesn't matter. As much as we'd like to know, it is making precisely zero difference.

We'll know soon enough, so for now there's no reason to feel entitled to Parker playing all his cards too early.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be incredibly naive to think....

Jun 1, 2010, 10:24 AM [ in reply to A couple of things from your post ]

that KP and his family have not been talking to different MLB teams and they have established some criteria that, if met, might lean them toward one decision versus another.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Again, why would he do that?...

Jun 1, 2010, 12:11 PM [ in reply to If KP wanted to Stay He Would...... ]

Why should he lock himself into a round and make that a "drop dead" requirement? What round you're selected in has nothing to do with the size of your signing bonus. He could be a 4th round selection and be offered 3 million dollars. Should he turn that down because he wasn't drafted in the first or second round? What does Kyle Parker "owe" Clemson something that no other draft-eligible player does?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic